What's new

Ranked Matches are useless compared to player matches, nay?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
It wastes too much time putting you against people who have anywhere from 7 to 20 skill rank... and its just not fun for anyone. And then the whole 1 and done thing is stupid. It'd be nice if they had ranked for best of 3, at least, yeah? Or have to be within 10 skill lvl of you, nay? And then you keep getting matched up against the same bad kids over and over. This is why I have something like 7000 matches played in player and about 500 in ranked or so.

Does everyone else get matched up at people way below you way too often so its just a waste of time?

What do you guys do for fun/practice online mostly

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Ranked will always be a one and done, and once in a blu you will get the runback with the same people. My advice is if you don't like ranked then just play your friends for more challenge. They are not on than play player match, KOTH, survival, unlocking stuff you didnt unlocked yet, make a room to invite people to.

And the funny thing is, you already knew this.

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Ranked will always be a one and done, and once in a blu you will get the runback with the same people. My advice is if you don't like ranked then just play your friends for more challenge. They are not on than play player match, KOTH, survival, unlocking stuff you didnt unlocked yet, make a room to invite people to.

And the funny thing is, you already knew this.
nobody accepts my invs after I play them though ey, most people are cowards and boring.

I cant do player because people always decline me still, and ranked is just a giant fucking waste of time. I havent really tried KOTH tho, thats probably a good idea, I just didnt want to do that because Im impatient... but in the end that might save me time.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I have that same issue with ranked matches. The whole one and done thing sucks cause there's no room for either player to adapt and improve in the next match. I always go straight to the room with the most people and search for the top players to challenge in 1v1.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I couldn't tell you. Since I switched over to PS4 I'm still searching for a game... Since launch.

This is a good torture test for the PS4 doe.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
I don't really understand what Rank, Ranked Matches affects. I know the whole lvl thing next to my name is really for funsies. I used to always just do Ranked matches as I didn't like my match numbers bloated by offline Battle play and playing with my friend who is not super into the game... I recently just got into Player matches and love it. Save of course for the rage quitters I encounter and the people who get blown up by my gimmick and instead of adapting they just quit. My favorite is when I win one measly match they insta quit. But yeah I'm going to give KOTH and Survivor a try soon just for the hell of it.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
What is it with people and rank? As if it will change the outcome of the match.
i ALWAYS accept people if they are better than me or if they will be a challenge. Idk if I've ever run into anyone whos better than me now, but i've definitely run into a couple who can keep up and the ONLY way i got better was by playing better people... so idk wtf people do by only playing people worse. who cares about your record, its about getting better so you can get the chics.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i was wondering why people even in ranked would quit against me then i saw my rank was over 30 lol
ranked is cool though it should just have options to player higher skilled or same/lower skilled players like sf. KOTH is great it just needs a spectator option

shinobispectre

What is it with people and rank? As if it will change the outcome of the match.
Pride. High rank means that you are good at something. Whether it is boosting or actually being relatively successful. Is it a true measure of skill? Nope! But it is a wonderful measuring tool for people measure their ego. It's a reward for playing the game either a long time and developing skill or just being good at it. Why do people care aboue Kill/Death ratio? Or even Win/Loss? Because having them a hight number means you are at least somewhat better than the average player.

I can understand why some people would reject higher ranked people. For starters the expected outcome of losing does not bode well for fighting games where mindset plays a heavy part. Generally higher ranked people will be better than you if not just as good. There are exceptions yes. But people playing online and getting absolutely mauled by higher ranked players leaves them with a bad taste in their mouth and adverse to accepting matches where they can barely press a button.

Mostly the higher ups I run into just know the combos. : P JK They are sometimes good and fun to play. But the majority of people play online not to get better at the game but to enjoy what Injustice is at the end of the day. A game. In my opinion the majority of the people enjoy it by winning and/or having fun with their favorite characters especially in Injustice. Losing does not factor as enjoyment for them and subsequently they avoid it whenever they can.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
It takes too long to find player matches for me and I'm not gonna wait in KOTH, that's my reasoning anyway.

shinobispectre

It takes too long to find player matches for me and I'm not gonna wait in KOTH, that's my reasoning anyway.
I find I wait longer in Ranked than in player, granted there times where I get a series of declines and that does kill my momentume sometimes.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Well I tend to get matches as soon as I click ranked, while in player matches I sit for minutes, and then someone comes only to decline. That's my experience.

shinobispectre

Well I tend to get matches as soon as I click ranked, while in player matches I sit for minutes, and then someone comes only to decline. That's my experience.
Hmmm psn might be more lively than Xbox. Or maybe its the hours I play. Oh well. It's your experience in the game. Whatever lets you have fun.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Yes, long sets are always better than one game.

I will go into ranked matches if I am trying out new tech or trying a new character. Or when I can't get people to accept me in player 1v1 cause people don't want to lose. I hate how people worry so much about their record. That reminds me, has anyone else noticed those people who ONLY play scrubs? Like they'll be 167-3 or something but won't play you? And that corruption guy on the XBL leaderboards is probably the worst offender of all of them. Ugh, so salty about how hard it is to find good games. I wish people would realize the only way to get better is to play people better than you. Like, if I just played those people who are new to the game, sure Id have a good record, but chances are someone who is 1000-999 would kick my ass since I'm just whooping on scrubs.

Rant over

Anyway, if anyone wants to play games, add me on XBL
: OG Mannimal

BlastX21

Noob
In my expeience, once you actually find a decent person to play in Player mode, the time you save by being able to quick restart rather than exit out and search for another opponent after each and every game outweighs.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

I will go into ranked matches if I am trying out new tech or trying a new character. Or when I can't get people to accept me in player 1v1 cause people don't want to lose. I hate how people worry so much about their record. That reminds me, has anyone else noticed those people who ONLY play scrubs? Like they'll be 167-3 or something but won't play you? And that corruption guy on the XBL leaderboards is probably the worst offender of all of them. Ugh, so salty about how hard it is to find good games. I wish people would realize the only way to get better is to play people better than you. Like, if I just played those people who are new to the game, sure Id have a good record, but chances are someone who is 1000-999 would kick my ass since I'm just whooping on scrubs.

Rant over

XBL rankings are so wrong and weird lol and i would add you but you play Raven :joker:

shinobispectre

Rant over

What times are you available to play? Which region? Also does anyone know how to check trueskill rank here? I'm curious to see if that's why I get declined... I doubt it but yeah. Also please feel free to add me/ message me about scheduling sets.