What's new

Random Ninja Discussion Thread

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Oh shit, what if this is the new Shunjinko?
The biggest hurdle to it being Shujinko is that we've seen Shujinko in the present timeline in the MKX comics, and Shawn Kittelsen confirmed the comics are canon. That doesn't mean they couldn't be retconned of course. Or that maybe the Krypt is set decades in the past.

...orrrr that maybe Kronika pulled young Shujinko out of the past.

OK so it's not that big a hurdle.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
The biggest hurdle to it being Shujinko is that we've seen Shujinko in the present timeline in the MKX comics, and Shawn Kittelsen confirmed the comics are canon. That doesn't mean they couldn't be retconned of course. Or that maybe the Krypt is set decades in the past.

And my friend @TamedLizard has been going on long rants explaining the various plotholes that creates. Totally just a fun theory, but it was my first thought if they are doing something with a real story that has you going around collecting artifacts

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

Well, they already contradicted the comixs multiple times. Like in I2 when Robin killed Zsaz and neber fought Nightwing unlike the comics.
Also young Shujinko would be weak af I think. I think there is a reason he was killed off in Cassie’s ending. To show that they don’t have any plans for him. Same for Taven and Daegon, though I want Taven to be in the series again.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
If I'm not mistaken Shujinko always wanted to kick Shang Tsung's ass since he was young, so it might be weird if this ninja is him.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I'm just disappointed and sad. You know why? Because it didnt cost a dime for NRS just to state at the very beginning after the reveal event 'Hey guys its not Rain, get over with it'. But no. They allowed all this tease. All these Dynasty and everyone videos. All the hype that... Damn it may finally be the time when Rain is in. And what we got? Whole bunch of shit! I'm really reaaaaally disappointed. Thats not how marketing should work. And im talking to you now, Tyler. You read all this shit. You know about it and now you are just laughing at my face. Mine and the whole bunch of Rain fans all across the World. Its just bad. Really. Really, really bad. Period. Full stop.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm just disappointed and sad. You know why? Because it didnt cost a dime for NRS just to state at the very beginning after the reveal event 'Hey guys its not Rain, get over with it'. But no. They allowed all this tease. All these Dynasty and everyone videos. All the hype that... Damn it may finally be the time when Rain is in. And what we got? Whole bunch of shit! I'm really reaaaaally disappointed. Thats not how marketing should work. And im talking to you now, Tyler. You read all this shit. You know about it and now you are just laughing at my face. Mine and the whole bunch of Rain fans all across the World. Its just bad. Really. Really, really bad. Period. Full stop.
Don't hold a funeral for Rain yet, he may be DLC. And they couldn't state this probably because they didn't want to reveal anything about the Krypt until now.

Reactions: Zev

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I really wish you are right but I just cant find any hope. Thats it. Im really happy for you guys to get your mains and that you are happy with the roster. And to be honest I agree. This really gonna be best roster ever. No doubt about it. All these Kharacters just look amazing and beefy, but I cant delude myself that Im 100 percent happy, because Im not. Thats it. And its nothing about hate towards other characters. It doesn't have anything with it. Well, NRS now just demanded me to find another favourite champ. I really feel sorry about guys who's mains are Sheeva, Havik, Reiko etc. And I dont believe Rain is dlc. Its not going to be like that after all these statements about no repeating. Now its the time for me to get used to that. Peace Bros!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I think it's just, as the title say, some random ninja we control in the Krypt. But I don't think he'll have a real name or be customisable, just a representation of "the player" while we explore the Krypt.

But that's just my initial thoughts on the matter, I could definitely be wrong.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I think there could be something bigger to this character rather than being only in the Krypt.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
In-game screenshots:

Source: Twitter.

So it looks like this is a mix of The Krypt and Konquest? I only mentioned Konquest because this is in third person and it seemingly has some kind of "story" (the whole Shang Tsung cutscene...)

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
besides Johnny Cage, this is who I'm most hyped to play as. I really hope he's playable eventually. Can't wait for the kyrpt