What's new

Guide Rain's updated (hard) BnBs

Enenra

Go to hell.
This is for those new new kombos from F0xy and friends we just can't do without, if you know what I mean.

Midscreen
4RH dash uppercut 43 bubble 43 lighning>ender (very hard)
4 RH 2 bubble uppercut 43 lightning>ender (decent)

Corner
43 bubble uppercut 43 geyser 43 geyser (retard easy)
4RH uppercut 43 geyser 43 geyser (decent)

Throw in EN bubbles to take meter and stop breakers, Rain's damage makes it worth it.

Courtesy of Smarrgasm
Midscreen- 4RH-2 43bubble- 43 lightning- 43 tele(37%) or jk tele(35% my personal favorite).
43 bubble- uppercut- 43lightning- RH- 43 ender(43%) or JK tele(41%)
B2 1+2 -43 RH -43Lightning- Bubble (bubble drop for 29%) pressure or throw mixup

Corner
4RH- 2bubble- Uppercut- 43 lightning- 43 ender (geyser, tele, hold RH)
43 bubble- uppercut- 43 geyser- 43lightning- 43 ender (52% if ended with geyser)
B2 1+2- 43 geyser- 43 geyser- 43 lightning- bubble (drop for corner pressure) 34% i believe.

Smarrgasm for mod

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
For anyone who cares. The most consistent combos ive found and use can be listed here as well.

Midscreen- 4RH-2 43bubble- 43 lightning- 43 tele(37%) or jk tele(35% my personal favorite).
43 bubble- uppercut- 43lightning- RH- 43 ender(43%) or JK tele(41%)
B2 1+2 -43 RH -43Lightning- Bubble (bubble drop for 29%) pressure or throw mixup

Corner
4RH- 2bubble- Uppercut- 43 lightning- 43 ender (geyser, tele, hold RH)
43 bubble- uppercut- 43 geyser- 43lightning- 43 ender (52% if ended with geyser)
B2 1+2- 43 geyser- 43 geyser- 43 lightning- bubble (drop for corner pressure) 34% i believe.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
What about mid screen: B2,1+2 dash B2,1+2 dash 43 bubble, 43 lightning , 43 teleport or some other ender?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I'll like to share two tidbits for Rain's combos that I use in my gameplay:

Bubble -> Uppercut Combos

We know the main problem with these combos is consistency: either the uppercut doesn't hit at the right height or the 4 3 follow up is out of range. To alleviate this it's necessary to put the opponent at a greater height before they drop from Water Bubble. However, the game imposes a height limit when positioning the opponent, only allowing to move the opponent way up high in the air in a few rare instances.

What I've found is that you can actually force the game to let you position the opponent higher than normal. To do this you need to move them downwards first (as if you wanted them to touch the ground) and quickly move them upwards in position for the Uppercut. You'll notice this way you actually end up putting the opponent a bit higher than usual. With this it becomes easier to hit the Uppercut correctly and do the follow up.

I doubt this is anything new, but I haven't seen this being mentioned whenever Rain's Uppercut combos are discussed.

4 3 xx Lighting as a juggle in combos

Any time 4 3 Lighting is used for juggling in a combo it's an opportunity to build little extra meter. The standard follow ups are 4 3 xx Special Move or Water Bubble. To improve upon them simply do a RHC beforehand. Rain is a character that not only thrives on meter, but is capable of using almost all his special moves in a single combo. If in on average Rain can use 4 special moves in a given combo, with this he's doing now 5 of them which build up in the long run.

Roko1985

We know the main problem with these combos is consistency: either the uppercut doesn't hit at the right height or the 4 3 follow up is out of range. To alleviate this it's necessary to put the opponent at a greater height before they drop from Water Bubble. However, the game imposes a height limit when positioning the opponent, only allowing to move the opponent way up high in the air in a few rare instances.

What I've found is that you can actually force the game to let you position the opponent higher than normal. To do this you need to move them downwards first (as if you wanted them to touch the ground) and quickly move them upwards in position for the Uppercut. You'll notice this way you actually end up putting the opponent a bit higher than usual. With this it becomes easier to hit the Uppercut correctly and do the follow up.

I doubt this is anything new, but I haven't seen this being mentioned whenever Rain's Uppercut combos are discussed.

Any time 4 3 Lighting is used for juggling in a combo it's an opportunity to build little extra meter. The standard follow ups are 4 3 xx Special Move or Water Bubble. To improve upon them simply do a RHC beforehand. Rain is a character that not only thrives on meter, but is capable of using almost all his special moves in a single combo. If in on average Rain can use 4 special moves in a given combo, with this he's doing now 5 of them which build up in the long run.
I have been using it, but didn't know that he goes higher. I am using it to get the right spot. First to Rains feet, then up to the top and two clicks left or right. Interesting!

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
B2, 1+2, 43, RH combo does 2% more damage. So why not use that one?
What about mid screen: B2,1+2 dash B2,1+2 dash 43 bubble, 43 lightning , 43 teleport or some other ender?
My midscreen B2,1+2 bnb is B2, 1+2 , dash, 1, 43xxbubble, uppercut, 43 lightning, RH, 43 ender which is 5% more damage(41% with 43ender. Also, I never do 43 tele anymore. I do 4xxgeyser and then instant air teleport if I'm going for that kind of oki setup. It does 1% more than 43tele and builds 6% more meter because you're doing an extra special move. As long as you IAteleport properly it's more safe than 43tele which can get punished sometimes by fast wake ups. Hope that helps pimp

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Didn't see this one listed anywhere and it's tied with the 43bubble mid screen bnb for max damage at 47%-43ender/49% with jip. I don't consider the 4RH,dash, uppercut combo a bnb be since no one has proven it to be anywhere near consistent so 43 bubble midscreen is still the true max damage mid screen bnb for Rain IMO. Anyway, the combo is 1,2,f4, dash, 2, 43bubble, uppercut, 43lightning, RH, 43ender. I still prefer the 43bubble combo overall because you can hit confirm into RH pressure where if you try to 1,2rhc you will end your pressure because 1,2rhc is -3 on block. Not to mention 43 has way better range and is the same speed at 10 frames. However, I'll throw it out there occasionally when I'm going in for a jip to mix it up a little and 1,2,f4 is safe on block so I'm not screwed if I don't hit it. Also, most of the time the opponent is not expecting you to do it off a jip so while their brain is registering it you have time to go in for pressure. Rain mains get more p#ssy. ;)

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
My Midscreen meterless combos:

1,2,f4, dash, 2, 43bubble, uppercut, 43lightning, RH, 4geyser,IAtele-46%/49%jip,
tied for max damage but builds only 30% meter(24% with 43ender) and doesn't have 43's range but is still a decent alternate

B2,rhc, dash, 43 bubble, uppercut, 43lightning, RH, 4geyser, IAtele- 46%/49%jip,
which is tied for max damage but builds 36% meter(12% more than standard 43bubble combo)

B2,1+2 ,dash,1, 43xxbubble,uppercut, 43lightning,RH, geyser, IAtele-41%/44%jip,
max damage midscreen off B2,1+2, builds 30% meter

I also do the 4RH,2,bubble combo Enenra listed and the 43bubble combo the Purple Chuck Norris, AkA Smarr the beast, AkA the most successful Rain competing right now listed above

My meterless corner bnb's:

4RH, dash, uppercut, 43bubble, uppercut, 43geyser- 50%/53%jip,
which is the highest damage off of 4rh in the corner.

4RH, dash, uppercut, 43geyser, 43lightning,RHCxxbubble -44%/46%jip,
which is the highest damage bubble reset of any kind in the corner and builds 30%meter

B2, 1+2, 2, 43bubble, uppercut, 43lighting,RHCforward dash, 43 geyser-44%/47%jip,
which is the highest damage off B2, 1+2 in the corner

B2,rhc, dash, 43 bubble, uppercut, 43geyser, 43 lightning, RHCfdash, 43geyser- 52%/55%,
which is tied for max damage in the corner but it builds 12% more meter(36% total) and is so damn sexy. It's also pretty handy for advancing because of B2's range and strange hit box. All of these are true bnbs and can be done consistently with a little practice. I posted a video showing the 4RH, dash, uppercut combo being done consistently a while back but it was erased when TYM went down. If someone requests it I'll repost along with the B2, rhc, dash, 43bubble combo.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Actually it doesn't. Just tested it. Tha same damge. 42% with En water splash in the end with both starters.
Test again.

B2, 1+2, dash, B2, 1+2, dash, 43, bubble, 43, lightning , 43, teleport = 34%
With EN Aqua Splash = 38%

B2, 1+2, dash, 43, RH, 43, bubble, 43, lightning , 43, teleport = 36%
With EN Aqua Splash = 39%

These are tested. No JiP starter.

Roko1985

Test again.

I was talking about B2,1+2 dash B2,1+2 dash 34 bubble, 34 lightning ,RH 34 En water splash 42% and B2,1+2 dash 34 RH , 4 bubble , 34 En water splash 42%

Roko1985

Test again.

Sorry with JIP

Roko1985

Test again.

I found higher one and easy to do with more damage. B2,1+2, dash, b2 bubble, uppercut, 34 lightning, RH, 34 En water splash 45%

Roko1985

I played around with the bubble high and you are right. It goes higher if you go down firs then up. BUT, ................If you do other starter then 34, 4,B2,3 it will be more difficult to hit the uppercut , sause they will be a bit far and you can't really down then up with the bubble. You can, but i am landing it 5 of 10, so doesn't work for me( if you land it every time ....good). I found that you can get the same high without going down with the bubble first. If you just hold up the bubble will stop at one point, but if you still hold up it will go even higher(watch carefully). It happens very slowly. Now i can land more advance bubble/uppercut combos. Thanks man!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
There are a few things that I'm not seeing too many rain players do in combos:

1. Whiffing the 4 in 43. So instead of doing 4 xx RH > 2 xx Bubble, do 4 xx RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Bubble. Normally scaling makes 2 a better option, but this is a unique case for some reason. Also instead of ending a combo in RH > 4 xx Geyser, do RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Geyser.

2. Deep Jump Kicks after certain lightnings. The most applicable would be at the end of a combo that starts with a roundhouse (so like 4 xx RH combos, but end with 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport) or after a lightning in the corner, (so for instance the 55% corner combo will deal 56% if you end with 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Geyser)

for examples of these, let's take a 4 xx RH combo:

Standard:
4 xx RH > 2 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > 43 xx Teleport = 39% Damage

4(Whiff)3 instead of 2:
4 xx RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > 43 xx Teleport = 41% Damage

Standard + Deep Jump Kick:
4 xx RH > 2 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport = 42% Damage

4(Whiff)3 + Deep Jump Kick:
4 xx RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport = 44% Damage

44% is the same as the 4 xx RH > Uppercut combos that I think people are using (aside from Foxy's sexy double uppercut combo).