What's new

Question Rains placing on the tier list?

Where does Rain belong on the tier list?

• Total voters

Flagg

Noob
Kabal
Kung Lao
Cyrax
Freddy
Kenshi
Sonya
Cyblax
Jax
Cage
Raiden
Reptile
Skarlet
Smoxe
Kitana
Liu Kang
Ermac
Sektor

for obvious reasons.
It's not obvious. I assume you have intimate knowledge of these characters along with Rain so please tell me why each of these are better than him.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
It's not obvious. I assume you have intimate knowledge of these characters along with Rain so please tell me why each of these are better than him.
Stop, he's worse than all of them. You could even trade Ermac for Mileena on that list and he'd still be worse.

astronout

see you at the top.
not obvious? every character I've listed deals with the best tournament viable characters better than Rain.

Rain vs Freddy 4-6
vs Kenshi 3-7
vs Jax 4-6
vs Kitana 4-6
vs Kung Lao 3-7
vs Kabal 3-7
vs Cyrax 4-6
vs Cage 4-6
vs Sonya 4-6

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
not obvious? every character I've listed deals with the best tournament viable characters better than Rain.

Rain vs Freddy 4-6
vs Kenshi 3-7
vs Jax 4-6
vs Kitana 4-6
vs Kung Lao 3-7
vs Kabal 3-7
vs Cyrax 4-6
vs Cage 4-6
vs Sonya 4-6
one of few that know the rain MU very well, knows what hes talking about has the exp vs ACTUAL tournament rain players, which there are 5 max, everyone else just plays him

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I love this thread. It proves exactly what i wanted it to. The truth is. Most of you dont have a clue how it is to play rain at a high level or play against a high level rain. Thus you really cant figure out where he is. Rain is a very basic character at most levels so he really isnt unexplored cause theres not some crazy gimmicky stuff to work with thats useful (if anyone says boost setups ill slap you). When it all boils down rain is just a bad version of Johnny cage but with an armored launcher. His footsies are good but what does that matter in a game where so many characters can dissolve the footsie game like it doesnt even matter. Ill never stop representing rain but this thread proves exactly how ignorant everyone seems to be on him. /Rant

SZSR

Noob
I can name at least 12 characters better than Rain:
Kabal
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kenshi
Freddy
Cyrax

Kitana
Raiden
Smoke
Skarlet
Jax
Reptile
Johnny Cage

And Possibly Ermac and Liu Kang are better than him.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I love this thread. It proves exactly what i wanted it to. The truth is. Most of you dont have a clue how it is to play rain at a high level or play against a high level rain. Thus you really cant figure out where he is. Rain is a very basic character at most levels so he really isnt unexplored cause theres not some crazy gimmicky stuff to work with thats useful (if anyone says boost setups ill slap you). When it all boils down rain is just a bad version of Johnny cage but with an armored launcher. His footsies are good but what does that matter in a game where so many characters can dissolve the footsie game like it doesnt even matter. Ill never stop representing rain but this thread proves exactly how ignorant everyone seems to be on him. /Rant
Well, I hope you're happy?