What's new

Tech Rain's armored specials ( Repost )

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
there was a thread about this before TYM reset so I'm reposing it.

Almost all of Rain's enhanced specials have armor except EX Lighting. This is one of Rain's biggest biggest strengths, he can easily get out of pressure, punish almost all wake up game, and it gives him his tank like game play he has come to be know for.

Rain's Ex Roundhouse has armor on start up, and if you dash cancel it the armor follows thought the dash giving Rain an armored dash. Ex roundhouse is also special cancel able. that means you can do Ex Roundhouse, giving you that armor, into Bubble, Lighting, Teleport, aqua blast, Gyser kick, and even H20 boost. This would be best used an anti zoning tool to punish slow recovering projectiles like Sub Zero's Ice ball for example. If Sub happens to throw an Ice ball, if timed right, you can Ex Roundhouse, absorb the hit with armor, and punish with Bubble, Lighting, or teleport to punish. even with faster recovering projectiles you could use an armored teleport, while still unsafe, to help Rain get in.

What do you guys think? useless? ground breaking? or should we Rain player just get over it and play Cage lol?

I also want to give a huge shout out to SaJa for also posting about this and making an amazing video describing and showing this tech though video

Discuss!

Nice post, us rain users are rare now n days, i keep telling people how deadly he is, definately left a stain in pigs mind, and i wasnt even using this tactic u just displayed, this will be imported into my game especially armor cancel boost setups

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Yeah I have been meaning to re post this, it's great tech. Rain is good, I think must people see it like "hm..I could take the time to learn Rain, or I could take a day and learn Cage." sadly.