What's new

Rainbow six siege - closed beta

DavS13

Noob
Is anyone playing the beta right now? I didn't notice anyone mention this game, I've been playing it for the past week non-stop it's a ton of fun.

I got 4 beta codes if anyone wants them, I'll give them to whoever pm's me first. The beta has been extended till October 4th.

If you have been playing it, any thoughts? I think it's really good except the riot shields need a nerf, they are so OP it's not even funny. Also the pulse operator is kind of useless atm.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Game is super interesting, but playing with randoms makes me feel like I'm getting 1% of the experience.

DavS13

Noob
Game is super interesting, but playing with randoms makes me feel like I'm getting 1% of the experience.
Agreed, without communication and people playing the role of their operators it kind of defeats the purpose of the game. I've been rolling with a squad since the beta dropped and it's been a blast. I would still rather play it solo than play COD, lol that beta was awful.

DavS13

Noob
Definitely need to play that with the homies in a chat. Game looks lame as fuck though, not gonna lie. Just my opinion.
Na bro, unless you play it you don't really know how intense it gets. Like you can hide the objectives wherever in the house and blow holes through walls to cover areas you don't want to expose yourself, barricade and booby trap areas, and watch the cameras and communicate enemy locations with your team, etc, there's a ton of stuff. And each operator has their specific role to play. And breaching the building with your team is pretty sick. Again, experience will definitely be sub-par unless you are rolling with several people and are communicating.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Na bro, unless you play it you don't really know how intense it gets. Like you can hide the objectives wherever in the house and blow holes through walls to cover areas you don't want to expose yourself, barricade and booby trap areas, and watch the cameras and communicate enemy locations with your team, etc, there's a ton of stuff. And each operator has their specific role to play. And breaching the building with your team is pretty sick. Again, experience will definitely be sub-par unless you are rolling with several people and are communicating.
Agree that playing with a squad is the only way to go. But some of the things you mentioned are some of the things that don't appeal to me. Not saying it's not a tactically sound game. Just... wiping out an entire opposing squad through a 3 inch hole that you shot in the wall while cowering in a closet is just the furthest thing I'm looking for in a shooter. I used to love R6 Vegas back in the day. I've watched my friends play while streaming on Twitch, who are sponsored players [in other FPS games], and the way they disposed of kids did not look too fun. And the whole setting up shop before the strike time, will get so monotonous after a while playing.

Each to there own though, not knocking the game. It's taking a different approach and that's cool, not for me though. No doubt that it is meant to be played with friends though for the full experience.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Yeah I've been playing it a lot. It's definitely my favourite shooter.