What's new

Match-up Discussion Rain vs. X (on microscopic level)

i am making this thread because all of rains info are spread across the whole forum and all of them are not useful ( no offence to anyone)
I know that there are other threads that talk about general stuff but i had some problems that were really small and wanted accurate details, and also there is a tourney next week that i want to go and WIN :D
i just write the stuff i have problems with and hope for the best :D

1. how to avoid scorpions 50/50?can i block low and let go on reaction wen i see f3 or b2?

2. Does lue kang still got the random advantage glitch?was it even real??

3.sub has advantage on hit with d4, can i just crouch and d1 if he goes for 2,1,2 afterward?how about b1,2,1 on hit that gives him a lot of advantage, should i block or i can d1?

4.when reptile does the goo ball in yo face, can u punish?and also can you d1 or armor after the first hit of EX dash?

5. Is stryker's role punishable?can i d4 after i blocked so i can get?

6. how can i avoid jax ground pound after he knocks me down? should i even try to punish the jump in cuz every time i do it he air grabs me.

7. Bodam asked this already but just to be sure: can u punish baraka for the blade charge? and also i know u can crouch and uppercut him after the spin but on block, what should i do?they usually do another one and it looks so safe.

8. do i just have to do a true wake up inorder to get out of cyber sub's reset? ( u4 to bomb)

9. Scarlet anyone?i played a good scarlet and the pressure is just insane, specially the slide that comes out of NO where and has armor also you can cancel to overhead. (i know, not that microscopic :D )

0. Can i punish the blade thingy freddy does and staggers you if he is close to you? Also how can i see the overhead and the low hit comming? they can cancel to a low hit so fast when they hold it down?can i punish if i blocked it?also the tele looks like smoke away. does it have the same properties?can i d1 before he comes out?the green thingy he does when he finishes the combo, if i wake up and he blocks, i get punished and if i dont, he get to pressure me AGAIN....

tnx guys, i appreciate it alot, i know this might look a little bit too much or even unnecessary but i really think that this will help everyone.
oh btw if you remember anything like this please mention it here
keep raining guys :D

Enenra

Go to hell.
1. No, Scorpion is a true 50/50. If you guess right when blocking, he gets kombo'd. You guess wrong... You are fucked.
2. We all have to deal with random advantage. Rain can armor through and hit much harder off that alone than LK can in general.
3. SZ's D4 gives him so much advantage you MUST respect the follow up. Just block or get kombo'd. B121 sets up a throw/pressure vortex, inescapable.
4. Yes you can if there is no lag, at the very least get counter pressure. D1 no, armor yes.
5. No. You can counter pressure it afterwards though.
6. D4 lifts you up high enough off the ground to avoid it. Otherwise, you can jump/tele/dash but it is a mix up. Be prepared for a good Jax to cancel it.
7. No. Counter pressure him.
8. You can reverse input your wake up (ie instead of bf4 input fb4) but if they read it they can throw you/counter pressure you.
9. Skarlet is amazing.
10. Yes the claws are punishable, you just have to be fast. It's a 50/50, you just have to guess right. Not very rewarding though, so don't stress it. Idk why in the hell a Freddy would ever want to get near Rain, but ok.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
1. Fuzzy Block

2. Dont worry about it, doesnt happen very often imo

3. Sub has huge advantage of those strings, trying to do anything afterwards other than blocking will get you blown up more often then not. (there are exceptions, most of them obvious like Sub trying a b2 setup or teching a throw)

4. The gooball is neg on block, so yes. 21f4 will work nicely. You can ex roundhouse the ex dash, and jump, but not poke.

5. Frame data for Stryker isnt out yet, but from experience it is a tiny bit negative, so they have to respect the counter poke. It might be neutral, which would be awesome for Stryker.

6. Jump back, tech roll, wakeup. Jax has a counter to all of these but the fact that you are getting him to guess between them is better than nothing.

The rest i have little to no matchup experience with, so imma let others who know what they are talking about handle the rest.

1. No, Scorpion is a true 50/50. If you guess right when blocking, he gets kombo'd. You guess wrong... You are fucked.
2. We all have to deal with random advantage. Rain can armor through and hit much harder off that alone than LK can in general.
3. SZ's D4 gives him so much advantage you MUST respect the follow up. Just block or get kombo'd. B121 sets up a throw/pressure vortex, inescapable.
4. Yes you can if there is no lag, at the very least get counter pressure. D1 no, armor yes.
5. No. You can counter pressure it afterwards though.
6. D4 lifts you up high enough off the ground to avoid it. Otherwise, you can jump/tele/dash but it is a mix up. Be prepared for a good Jax to cancel it.
7. No. Counter pressure him.
8. You can reverse input your wake up (ie instead of bf4 input fb4) but if they read it they can throw you/counter pressure you.
9. Skarlet is amazing.
10. Yes the claws are punishable, you just have to be fast. It's a 50/50, you just have to guess right. Not very rewarding though, so don't stress it. Idk why in the hell a Freddy would ever want to get near Rain, but ok.
6.no befor i wake up they do the pound and as s0on as i get up it hits me also they can cancel as you said, so a 50/50 again?i fi do wake up i dodge the pund but they can punish it they are fast enough.

9.lol

Enenra

Go to hell.
6.no befor i wake up they do the pound and as s0on as i get up it hits me also they can cancel as you said, so a 50/50 again?i fi do wake up i dodge the pund but they can punish it they are fast enough.

9.lol
You can do literally anything but stand there or lie down to get out of it. It's a mix up though, if you move there is a chance they could cancel into dash punch.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."

9.lol
If I'm not mistaken,
I've woken up with a regular Geyser Kick and gotten out of it. Also, I'd have to test it but there's a chance the invincibility frames for Lightning on wake-up would beat out Jax's Ground Pound -- not positive on this one but it's worth checking out.

Although I'd suggest just using D+4 to beat out his Ground Pound; no wake-ups or anything like that. D+4 works really well, surprisingly.

Enenra

Go to hell.
If I'm not mistaken,
I've woken up with a regular Geyser Kick and gotten out of it. Also, I'd have to test it but there's a chance the invincibility frames for Lightning on wake-up would beat out Jax's Ground Pound -- not positive on this one but it's worth checking out.

Although I'd suggest just using D+4 to beat out his Ground Pound; no wake-ups or anything like that. D+4 works really well, surprisingly.
Lightning is invincible on wake up. I know it for a fact.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
(-#1-) Just fuzzy block. Just make sure to block low all the way through the F+4 otherwise you'll still eat it. Same with the B+2 except be sure to be ready to punish it once you block it successfully.

(-#2-) I'm not sure. I have the hardest time with Liu Kang so I'm sort of inclined to think he has 'some' random advantage.

(-#3-) Nope you pretty much have to stand and block it. Don't try anything else.

(-#4-) I think you can if you're close enough, I would just go for the counter pressure and not go with anything unsafe (like Lightning, Bubble or Geyser) and yeah you should be able to armor through after the first hit, I believe.

(-#5-) You need to rephrase what you're asking but as far as I know, it's not punishable. I like to bait and make them whiff; seems to be the best way of fighting against it.

(-#6-) Answered that above.

(-#7-) Crouch block both and you should be able to pressure after the Blade Rush and after the Spin you should be able to get off whatever you want, if I'm not mistaken.

(-#:cool: I have no experience hardly against CSZ. I have no idea.

(-#9-) Skarlet is a beast. Plain and simple.

(-#10-) You can punish the hell out of Freddy's Hell Spikes, I'm 99% sure anyway. I play Freddy and it happens to me all the time. As for his overhead and low starters; they're both 17 frames, like Scorpion -- it's a guessing game.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
they can cancel to a bionioc arm, thats the problem he can counter everthing
ok, but think about it like this...

you could jump and eat the punch or you could not and eat the ground pound which will also give him a dash 1 dash 1 dash 1 dash 12 gotcha grab combo...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
9. Scarlet anyone?i played a good scarlet and the pressure is just insane, specially the slide that comes out of NO where and has armor also you can cancel to overhead. (i know, not that microscopic :D )
You Can bait her Rushdown with Ex Round House Cancel and punish with much damage, but be careful to not get caugh on something worse