What's new

Question Rain Top 5?

Glass Sword

Nobody
LBSH Rain is bad, but Smarr played that match at his best. Every round came down to the wire it could have gone either way.
Lets not downplay Smarrgassm by hyping Rain. I mean Smarr beat Clint the Beast last Battle and Brew and now Dizzy.

Flagg

Noob
it's not rain is the player, smarr played very well
Saying that is like saying if you put Lewis Hamilton in a Robin Reliant, he would still win Formula 1.

Sometimes it IS THE CHARACTER.

Maybe Dizzy is completely unfamiliar with Rain or maybe Smargasm played his socks off. Who knows. But by your logic, legions of Kanos and Sheeva's would be winning tournies because apparantly, every match is a 5-5 cause its all about the player!

Anyways, gg's Smargasm.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
well either way it's pivotal, if rain sucked, (which i never thought) smarr proved it otherwise, there is no way any one can say he is bad after a victory like this. it means every one who is playing as rain is doing it wrong. congrats to smar for moving his character forward.

Saying that is like saying if you put Lewis Hamilton in a Robin Reliant, he would still win Formula 1.

Maybe Dizzy is completely unfamiliar with Rain or maybe Smargasm played his socks off. Who knows. But by your logic, legions of Kanos and Sheeva's would be winning tournies because apparantly, every match is a 5-5 cause its all about the player!

Anyways, gg's Smargasm.
I don't think he ment it as an absolute like that.

I think he's just saying chalk this phenomenon more toward the player than the character.

I mean, I know of low tier mains in other games that do real well, and instead of chalking it up to maybe that ONE guy is just really good. They move a character up the tier list because of 1 player.

Smargasm outplayed me, he didn't drop anything, used good spacing and kept his cool. I did none of those things.Had nothing to do with that matchup or anyone else besides Smargasm. I didn't play well and he took advantage of it.

Top 6 coming up is Tom vs 16 bit, loser plays pimpimjim and Pig vs Soonk, loser plays me.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
It wasn't recorded. :( I saw the whole thing. I wish my phone didn't die or I actually realized my vita had a camera in it. There were a lot of good matches that weren't recorded.

You bums fail to realize is in matchups like Jax, and JC, this is where Rain shines, he is built to handle pressure fighters, Rain is all about spacing, good use of armor cancels, good use of limited but decent footsies, and hard hitting punishes, im not suprised that smar pulled in that win. Good stuff smarr.

187x

Noob

Anyways, gg's Smargasm.
i have no clue what your talking about