What's new

Rain Technology

bmoee1

Noob
Sometimes I feel cheap using this, but I must admit, It’s hilarious when they can’t get out. I still prefer scorpions kameo for the swag but this is great for high lvl play.

Edit: I’ve run into a few opponents that know you can delay wake-up against this… Gonna try to lab some other stuff tn.

Last edited:

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Ran into this video on a few oki options. He also found a j2 os, which is pretty good.

-> "Rains jip2 cannot be upblocked" <-

LMAO ??

That can't be intended right? I thought maybe it was weapon-specific, but Shao's JiP2 can be upblocked.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Going further with this setup, if the opponent delays their wake-up you can use the setup in the video below to retain the hard-to-blockable and even avoid wake-up armor.
The OS is: JiP2-forward-3432

clip #1: no delay, instant block is the best situation for the opponent. The OS covers f32 coming out (so bear in mind you may need to adapt).
clip #2: delay+low block, overhead hit will full launch.
clip #3 & #4: wake-up armor (or anything else that isnt evasive) will float-combo, which the OS covers.

Credit to @SaltShaker for this: https://testyourmight.com/threads/rain-general-discussion.74714/post-2715152

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
right.... your're right and SonicFox... THE sonicfox is wrong... got ya.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
right.... your're right and SonicFox... THE sonicfox is wrong... got ya.
?

My original post refered to delaying the wakeup to avoid the low-overhead setup. And that much works just fine, everytime.

Then you quoted me on a video of Sonic that does not do that setup at all in the first place.
His first video shows the tech works for delayed wakeup if you throw, causing the character to stumble into the low. Otherwise, you can just delay wakeup and stand block the overhead and be 100% fine - as I said originally. Conversely, you can delay wakeup and instant-jump to avoid the throw and low and punish, but you will get caught by the overhead. If anything, it is a 50/50 which requires specific timing and positioning.

Of course, there is the third option of not delaying the wakeup at all and just armoring or wakeup to a string while Rain mistimes the throw/overhead because he was expecting the delayed wakeup.

All this does is say that there are other ways to setup this reset, all of which have their own counterplays in of themselves. This doesnt make me wrong on my original statement, nor makes me say SonicFox is wrong because he is showing a different thing.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Delay wakeup and stand block. Done.
I mean, SF fell for the same Darrius being busted talk that we all did. I still think he is by far the worst assist in the game and I'm just waiting for people to start realizing this.

This game having 5 frames of unblockable protection is insane. That paired with how the game handles that hit interactions afterwards, sometimes resulting in the opponent getting free despite them guessing wrong. All this makes HTB setup harder to get going and easier to react to.

In the case of the grab version of rain's setup, I just tested it and IDK what he did differently cause rain still has to read if they will delay wake up. I just assumed that is what's trying to be improved on with this setup.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I mean, SF fell for the same Darrius being busted talk that we all did. I still think he is by far the worst assist in the game and I'm just waiting for people to start realizing this.

This game having 5 frames of unblockable protection is insane. That paired with how the game handles that hit interactions afterwards, sometimes resulting in the opponent getting free despite them guessing wrong. All this makes HTB setup harder to get going and easier to react to.

In the case of the grab version of rain's setup, I just tested it and IDK what he did differently cause rain still has to read if they will delay wake up. I just assumed that is what's trying to be improved on with this setup.
I feel this might be a pretty intentional design, probably from the same line of thought that made the setup of "Kung Lao low hat into overhead" autofuzzy itself. To be completely honest, I much prefer this hygienization to the alternative (like MKX pre-patch Bat Quan Chi setups). It feels like a happy middle ground between utterly deranged shit from MK9/pre-patch MKX and the complete lack of dirt from Mk11

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I feel this might be a pretty intentional design, probably from the same line of thought that made the setup of "Kung Lao low hat into overhead" autofuzzy itself. To be completely honest, I much prefer this hygienization to the alternative (like MKX pre-patch Bat Quan Chi setups). It feels like a happy middle ground between utterly deranged shit from MK9/pre-patch MKX and the complete lack of dirt from Mk11
It makes sense but also makes MK1 feel way more sanitized than MKX. I kinda expect team games to be more grimy than their solo brethren.

If you backdash to do the whirlpool, you can get smacked via wakeup buttons. It's only on a read that the setup work on delayed wakeup.
This is true, every time Sonic did this I was like WTF but after labbing I found he steps back and lays it behind so he can choose to have low whirlpool hit second instead of first and it allows him to throw into whirlpool.
The close instant whirlpool is a forced HTB with Armor Breaking capabilities but can be thrown off by delay wake-up and can be fuzzy blocked.
Both options have their utility.
When I say sonics setup is hard, I mean it's very tight to have throw eat their wakeup Armor. I literally can not do it again, only got it once.

The cancel we’ve been looking for is explained at the end. Im still having trouble getting it out but hopefully soon.
Yeah just watched it before getting on TYM and he says turn Input Shortcuts Off or you can't do it.
He inputs EXDB1 then waits till it hits and inputs BU+F[1] so essentially he is going straight from Back into Forward Jump 1 and says if you wait till your actually supposed to be able to Jump, it will Kara Cancel into BF1
[ ] = Hold Input

So that Sonic input of BUF1 makes sense now, he's inputting U+F to get the cancel instantly with a BF buffer from B input.

Update someone on X told me he can do it with Input Shortcuts ON by inputting EXDB1, wait till hit input BF1U
Have no clue how that works but when I have time I'll try both