What's new

Rain Match Footage

bmoee1

Noob
Heeygeorge on twitch… he’s starting to figure out some whirlpool shenanigans.

Last edited:
Heeygeorge on twitch… he’s starting to figure out some whirlpool shenanigans.

Dude has got Rain/cyrax down. A ton of serious pressure, good damage, and some really nasty setups. Funnily enough, rain is one of the few characters who can combo into cyrax net (off whirlpool) and make use of it (get the full charge fireball for the whirlpool mixup)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
this match vs Sindel was disgusting.

Hate projectile wars and it reminded me of the most irritating matches I had online in MK11 days.

SPAM SPAM SPAM. High projectile, low projectile, high projectile, repeat - kind of, yea what's the point of even using hands in a fighting game?

Abusing it is something that bothers me in fighting games and they should introduce some sort of energy limit just as they had the ammo limit for Erron Black in MK11

Hate projectile wars and it reminded me of the most irritating matches I had online in MK11 days.

SPAM SPAM SPAM. High projectile, low projectile, high projectile, repeat - kind of, yea what's the point of even using hands in a fighting game?

Abusing it is something that bothers me in fighting games and they should introduce some sort of energy limit just as they had the ammo limit for Erron Black in MK11
/Facepalm

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp

It's called zoning, bruh, and this has been around ever since the inception of fighting games, much like rushdown. Isn't TYM supposed to be THE place for high level competitive MK discussion/play?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Rain mirrors with a guy I met on KL. Played against his godlike Tanya and then ran some friendly rematches. We hit it off with each other, cuz we had a lot of fun playing this, no matter how mediocre my Rain is. Don't mind the message pop-ups, we were kinda excited. :D

I'm the one with the Scorpion kameo, btw.

bmoee1

Noob
@M2Dave FK played Michaelangelo (Rain + Serena)

Sareena seems like such a waste of kameo, but a lot of tourney players like her. Must be the yolo projectile swag.

edit: he kept using sareena to make FK duck and he would go into F32 for a free combo.

Last edited:
@M2Dave FK played Michaelangelo (Rain + Serena)

Michaelangelo so is the only Rain player in my opinion thus far that is worth taking note of. Very few if any gimmicks, not trying to focus on nonsense, not using a cameo for combo extension (for the most part). Solid ground game, portal for plus frames, meter build and mid screen confluence beam threat to deny the space, sareena is whatever, but having access to a quick projectile with a fast recharge time, meter burn assist to threaten whirlpool (sometimes, but depending on placement and timing, jumping out of it works, which FK did a hand full of times).

For me personally, Seeing any Rain do well without cameo assisted set play gives me some hope. Alot of Michaelangelo's general gameplan mirrors what I have been doing the last 3 days. Sadly I dont see it working on some of the worse MUs.