What's new

General/Other Rain mains secondary character

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Rain is a very solid character. and i believe he goes even with most the cast, but like most the cast ( besides kabal ) he has some bad match ups.

in my opinion Rain's worst match ups are as followed

Kenshi, Kabal, Freddy ( I haven't personally played a good Freddy but I'm guessing he gives rain a hard time), and kung lao

now, there are lots of charterers that do a pretty good job at keeping rain out, but Rain has the tools to keep theses matches 5:5, or at very worst 4:6

they are as followed In my opinion

Sub Zero, Kitana, Ermac, Smoke, Sektor, Reptile, and Sindel

I'm not saying these are bad match ups but if your opponent plays them right, they can be hard for Rain.

well that is my quick two cents on Rains match ups, but that isn't why making this thread. I want to know who you guys Secondary, and/or who you think best aids Rain

the three characters that I'm debating on are Smoke, Kenshi, and Ermac ( I think he can still be zoned out pretty bad though? I'm 100% since i have Limited experience with him ) . They all do a very good job doing what Rain cant.

Discuss

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Rain goes even with or better with probably the whole cast except for Kabal, so you as long as you play the matchup right you should be able to beat any character with Rain. The only character you have to worry about is Kabal, but than again everyone has to worry about Kabal lol.

But if zoning you are worried about, pick up Kung Lao or Smoke
Kenshi is not a bad match wouldn't you say?

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
He's got match-ups that suck (Kenshi, Kabal, Kitana, etc.); I feel that Kenshi and Jax are the best characters to pick up as secondaries to Rain.

Slade

Make It Rain
If it's who I would want as a secondary, I like ST. He's pretty fun to use.

But if I wanna learn someone to compliment my Rain? Probably Kenshi.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I don't think it is, its probably 5-5
It's a bad matchup. Problem with rain is that he gets outzoned.
He doesn't have a projectile and his teleport is not good at all.
You get in based off of reads and have no projectile.
Pretty much the same bad matchups that sonya has, rain has as well (kabal, kenshi, freddy) but they are worst cuz he doesn't have d4~MS and a super good projectile.

He has a few bad matchups but overall he is solid enough to not need a counter pick.
#Rain=SonyaLite

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It's a bad matchup. Problem with rain is that he gets outzoned.
He doesn't have a projectile and his teleport is not good at all.
You get in based off of reads and have no projectile.

He has a few bad matchups but overall he is solid enough to not need a counter pick.
doesn't bubble "duck" teleflurry? I don't have anyone to test with at the moment.
I feel like Kenshi is a reverse Cage... he "traps" you by making you block between full screen and half screen.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
doesn't bubble "duck" teleflurry? I don't have anyone to test with at the moment.
I feel like Kenshi is a reverse Cage... he "traps" you by making you block between full screen and half screen.
It does, and i did it against pig and he just blocked the bubble lol. And if you are just throwing out bubble, your gonna get blown up cuz you have no time to pull it out if your doing it off reaction.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So you do it on a read and he can STILL block it? da fuq?
It does, and i did it against pig and he just blocked the bubble lol. And if you are just throwing out bubble, your gonna get blown up cuz you have no time to pull it out if your doing it off reaction.

Mothmonsterman0

if Rain doesn't have meter vs kenshi you better be ready to do alot of dash blocking,

FOREVER KING how good dose lao do against kabal?

IKizzLE how do you feel about the kabal MU vs Sektor? dose he go even? or dose he just get 6:4'ed like everyone else lol

i have played most the good secondary mentioned in this thread, it's just picking one...right now its going pretty hard between Sektor and Kenshi

thanks for all the responses so far btw

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
if Rain doesn't have meter vs kenshi you better be ready to do alot of dash blocking,

FOREVER KING how good dose lao do against kabal?

IKizzLE how do you feel about the kabal MU vs Sektor? dose he go even? or dose he just get 6:4'ed like everyone else lol

i have played most the good secondary mentioned in this thread, it's just picking one...right now its going pretty hard between Sektor and Kenshi

thanks for all the responses so far btw
Lao vs Kabal is a even 5-5 in my opinion. He can't really zone lao out, but he can dash cancel pressure him like anyone else, but Lao can spin Kabal's pressure. But Kabal can always bait the spin, so it goes either way. I kind of wanna say 5.5-4.5 in Kabal's favor, just because he is still Kabal lol.

I still think Rain vs Kenshi even though, rain can trade Kenshi's zoning with his lighting. And if Rain hits Kenshi with a single lighting or water bubble, or catches Kenshi off guard with a teleport one time, than he is already in. He doesn't have to work extremely hard to get in on Kenshi

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lao vs Kabal is a even 5-5 in my opinion. He can't really zone lao out, but he can dash cancel pressure him like anyone else, but Lao can spin Kabal's pressure. But Kabal can always bait the spin, so it goes either way. I kind of wanna say 5.5-4.5 in Kabal's favor, just because he is still Kabal lol.

I still think Rain vs Kenshi even though, rain can trade Kenshi's zoning with his lighting. And if Rain hits Kenshi with a single lighting or water bubble, or catches Kenshi off guard with a teleport one time, than he is already in. He doesn't have to work extremely hard to get in on Kenshi
Except that Kenshi can EX charge once he gets in, and you are fullscreen again.

Mothmonsterman0

well shit, i really hadn't put lao on the map, but i might have to give him a spin. I mean i know how good lao is, i just haven't played him much past trolling

and Rain vs Kenshi can be 5:5 but you have to do everything right, like you can't fuck anything up. Rain can use lighting if he starts the trade, but most of kenshis zoneing is going to be faster then lighting, it's start up is shit

Rain's damage, and armor is the only thing that keeps him in this match,

plus kenshi can EX shoulder you for free, even if you block it, he can hit you with another shoulder and put you were you don't wanna be