What's new

General/Other Rain ghetto Reset

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Ok, so I'm posting this mostly because I'm mad it doesn't really work for shit, but i thought i would share it so other people who main rain, or play him can mess with it and or find something with it

Before you watch the video take note that this can both be tech rolled, and all wake ups will blow this up.....=(

i have also not tested to truly see if it can be blocked, i had the Training dummy on auto but training suck......im 90% sure you can block the bubble

The Ghetto Reset is as followed:

Jip, 2 1+2, 4 3 RH, 2 4 water bubble 31% ( the trick to making the water bubble hit is to catch them on the bottom of the stand 2s hit box, so right when they recover form the 4 they get hit with the bubble)

once you have them in the bubble place it right above your head ( try lining them up with Rain's shoulders, that kinda helps me ), D2, dash, 43 lighting, RH, 43 Ex Water gun 41% ( you don't have to use Ex water gun i just like too.

that makes a total of 72%

Video:
( i know i forgot the H in getto shut up.....)

so that's it....it's kinda useless =/ since everyone can blow you up for trying it, but maybe it can lead to something more

and if all else fails it looks cool and, you can always troll with it

Thoughts??????????????????????

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
This actually seems really interesting. We need to test to see if it can be blocked. If not then this could be incredibly good against people that arent ready for it. I doubt most people will know to escape through wakeup that quickly.

BookBurning

Voidwards
I've actually did this on accident before alot and personally I hate it. There has been odd times that it has hit but seriously, against a player with decent reactions they will just block it or jump over it and your left completely open because of the terrible recovery.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
yeah, i risk is stupid, if you do it too soon you will get blown up,

as it stands not its more or less useless IMO, but i thought i would at least put it out there for people to mess with instead of me sitting in my room going hahahah i have new tech! lol

underoath85

Let there be thunder
Great find, Emmure. I took your idea and messed around a bit. What I found is if you apply the 2, 4, bubble at the end of a longer string the opponent falls faster, thus recovering faster in time for bubble. It not only reduces chance to whiff but it happens even faster in which the opponent has no time to respond.... 4, 3, lightening, dash, upper-cut, 4, 3, bubble, (slight pause as they are coming out of bubble), 2, 4, bubble reset. At the very worst, you net 42% damage with jip, and if they block the bubble you have proper placement. Of course wakeups are always a threat, but it happens so fast it's worth the risk, so long as this string is used occasionally. If this works even once....You've netted 42% with the chance for another 41%. If put in the reset bubble, I go for uppercut, 4, 3, lightening, round house, 4, 3, EH water hand. 83% is def worth the occasional risk imo lol. Try this out and let me know what you think.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Always good to know what our options are and discuss how viable they are.

I believe I've done this by accident before.

underoath85

Let there be thunder
I've landed this set up numerous times. It's so hard to mess up and so rewarding. Worse case scenario, the opponent must block water bubble. That is, unless the opponent catches on and then your risking an advancing wake up attack.
83% is my highest with both combos combined......the 2 listed above.