What's new

Question - Displacer Raidens JIP Inconsistencies

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Why is it when I jump over from the left and do a JIP2, Raiden will not turn around and connect the hit. But if I JIP2 from the right, he does, allowing me to begin my pressure? I tested it this morning against Kung Jin (random) but i'm not sure if it's like this against the rest of the cast as i'm at work now.

ando1184

Noob
Why is it when I jump over from the left and do a JIP2, Raiden will not turn around and connect the hit. But if I JIP2 from the right, he does, allowing me to begin my pressure? I tested it this morning against Kung Jin (random) but i'm not sure if it's like this against the rest of the cast as i'm at work now.
He's the Zoolander of this game.... :p No, but seriously that is weird. There are far too many inconsistencies in this game. We (tym community) need to make a new updated thread to keep track of things like this and tag the developers. This game is obviously still incomplete and needs touch ups here and there, both on characters and bug/general fixes.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
He's the Zoolander of this game.... :p No, but seriously that is weird. There are far too many inconsistencies in this game. We (tym community) need to make a new updated thread to keep track of things like this and tag the developers. This game is obviously still incomplete and needs touch ups here and there, both on characters and bug/general fixes.
Agreed. It's a joke, when I JIP and miss I get full combo punished unless its from one side? How this shit gets through will forever be beyond me.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Just tested it. I did not have any trouble doing crossovers on Kung Jin, be it from the left or the right side. Know that not being at point blank makes it very difficult for you to do a proper crossover punch. Either way, myth busted.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Just tested it. I did not have any trouble doing crossovers on Kung Jin, be it from the left or the right side. Know that not being at point blank makes it very difficult for you to do a proper crossover punch. Either way, myth busted.
But not being point black it's way easier from side to another. I don't get why, when most of the casts JIP have a MUCH larger hit box (I.e Scorpion).

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
But not being point black it's way easier from side to another. I don't get why, when most of the casts JIP have a MUCH larger hit box (I.e Scorpion).
Tried it at one step beyond point blank. Both from left to right and right to left, the crossover is very difficult to perform. It is not easier on one side compared to the other.

I repeated the same situation with Scorpion, so one step away from point blank. Scorpion's crossovers were much easier to connect than Raiden's. This is because Scorpion's jump goes further than Raiden's does, not due to JIP inconsistencies.