What's new

Raiden's Corner Pressure

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
Honestly i like to f24 then sit back in the corner and superman punish most things they do. I find raiden is better when you don't try and force things.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Characters who can't escape 334(Reptile , Ermac , etc) you can 334 and check with VB.

Avoid using F24 because it will push you back and get them out of the corner.

Use a lot of F23 VBs, the VB will whiff(sometimes hit IDK) but it makes F23 safe and prevents them jumping out of the corner.

If you want VB to hit use EN VB and if it hits you could combo with D1 x Shock , 334 , 33 x Superman.

If you DO want to use F24 because the character you're fighting can escape 334 and you don't want to use meter for F23 x VB , you can use F24 and check them with B3 hit-confirmed with B312 into combo.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Reptile and Ermac can't interrupt 334? I know reptile has armor...

But I have noticed that a lot of times VB does whiff. So you have to use meter to make it hit? That sucks and is not a great use of meter... I mean you're basically using meter for chip. =/

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Reptile and Ermac can't interrupt 334? I know reptile has armor...
Ermac probably cant but Reptile totally can.

Anyway don't burn meter to make F23 VB hit, just use it sparingly to minimize it whiffing.

You're mainly going to be using F24s, D1s, and D3s for pressuring. Someone said don't use F24 because it pushes you back allowing the opponent to attempt to escape, that's exactly why you should use it. Remember Raiden gets his damage by forcing his opponent to make mistakes. After a blocked F24 don't immediately rush back in to resume pressure, wait a second to see if your opponent trys to do anything and react accordingly.

Jip, 334 vicinity, f2 3 shocker, 33 superman.

40% works for me :)
Just so you know you can get more out of that with JiP, 334 VB, 4, 334, 33 Shocker, F23 Superman. Does 46%.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ermac probably cant but Reptile totally can.

Anyway don't burn meter to make F23 VB hit, just use it sparingly to minimize it whiffing.

You're mainly going to be using F24s, D1s, and D3s for pressuring. Someone said don't use F24 because it pushes you back allowing the opponent to attempt to escape, that's exactly why you should use it. Remember Raiden gets his damage by forcing his opponent to make mistakes. After a blocked F24 don't immediately rush back in to resume pressure, wait a second to see if your opponent trys to do anything and react accordingly.
Yea Reptile can armor through 334 but as a Reptile player I can assure you that Reptile has better uses for his meter than a mere EN slide between 334.

And I'd much prefer to stay in the opponents face than letting him out and waiting for a mistake because staying in klet's you do a lot of chip and get a potential combo in and playing the midscreen game while in the corner is a waste of positional advantage IMO.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Yea Reptile can armor through 334 but as a Reptile player I can assure you that Reptile has better uses for his meter than a mere EN slide between 334.

And I'd much prefer to stay in the opponents face than letting him out and waiting for a mistake because staying in klet's you do a lot of chip and get a potential combo in and playing the midscreen game while in the corner is a waste of positional advantage IMO.
He can't dash threw it? How exactly are you gonna open people up for a big combo that way? Raiden's mixup game is terrible and he doesn't have any moves that put him at frame advantage on block other than the second hit of EX Lightning. You do that all day youre either gonna be poked out, crossed up, or eat an armored move.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
He can't dash threw it? How exactly are you gonna open people up for a big combo that way? Raiden's mixup game is terrible and he doesn't have any moves that put him at frame advantage on block other than the second hit of EX Lightning. You do that all day youre either gonna be poked out, crossed up, or eat an armored move.
No he can't dash through it. Kung Lao's Spin has weird properties not every 6 frame move can beat Raiden's 334.

And the 334 stuff as I said is character specific.The F23 VB will be respected and prevent them from jumping out.Getting poked is not a big deal as long as you're at a positional advantage. eating an armored move goes out to any kind of offense from every character.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
No he can't dash through it. Kung Lao's Spin has weird properties not every 6 frame move can beat Raiden's 334.

And the 334 stuff as I said is character specific.The F23 VB will be respected and prevent them from jumping out.Getting poked is not a big deal as long as you're at a positional advantage. eating an armored move goes out to any kind of offense from every character.
I think it has projectile properties or something, that would explain why its the only move not affected by player one advantage. Im not saying dont pressure Im saying you should also use F24 to bait them to do something. Thats what Raidens entire game revolves around.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I think it has projectile properties or something, that would explain why its the only move not affected by player one advantage. Im not saying dont pressure Im saying you should also use F24 to bait them to do something. Thats what Raidens entire game revolves around.
Like I said, you could do it if you want.But a little risk-reward won't hurt especially if you have positional advantage.

mekane

Noob
f24 f24 f24 f24
They will jump out, no? even if you HIT with a D3, you're follow up f24 can be crossed over, so on neutral they should be able to cross you over. You have to really respect the crossover as Raiden. Do people use his jab start to stop cross overs? 121?

underoath85

Let there be thunder
If they are close to you, when they jump, you can dwn 1 them, dash f2 into shocker combo. Once they're in the corner I like to pressure with f2, 4 and since f2, 4 pushes back on block, I would just react. They will either jump at you and you are at perfect AA combo distance.(see bw1zz's go to the light combos) or they will block anticipating superman or more pressure, which leads to another f2, 4 or a differnt string. It's like Usedforglue stresses, this game is all about reads! Dwn 1, v. blast cancel can trick them into jumping, which is a great tool. Many people will try and jump out of corner, so NJP will catch them into combo. Your safest bet is f2, 4 imo. It's a safe string that opens up the whole, "Raiden Guessing Game" again and again. Just remember that if f2, 4 connects dwn 1, shocker into corner combo....(in case you didn't know)

REYTHEGREAT

I like to use f2, 4 since its safe. But typically is f2, 4, quick dash and f2, 4 again. Or d3VB or d1 grab.