What's new

Raiden Vs Kung Lao Help

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
I main Raiden, and I can hold my own against most people if I'm on my game, but it feels like a mediocre Kung Lao can destroy me. I know it's at least partially because I'm not good at punishing his teleport, and his spin gets me all the time, and when it doesn't I feel like the best punish I can get is with a superman.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
im no pro but i hope this advice is helpful. others would have a deeper insight than me.

1. dont jump on kung lao
2. bait the teleport
3. uppercut the teleport
4. superman punish KLs jump ins and unsafe distant jumps
5. keep moving. when you stop, KL will pounce
6. make KL come to you

NKZero

Noob
With the little experience I had with Raiden at some point in this game, I wouldn't know too much. I agree with pretty much everything x5iVE_STAR is saying. Once you improving your punishing, you can change from an uppercut punish off KL's teleport to a D1-shocker into full combo for better damage. Once you cut out his mobility it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Teleport ON REACTION to what he does and force him to make the errors. The good thing about Raiden is that every match is treated the same way. Every character has to adapt to Raiden and not vice-versa. Just play your game...

GhosT

Noob
Just have a friend mess around with Kung and practice spin punishing, before long you will be getting Max damage, Kung isn't my best match up but I find it a lot easier than going against reptile since spin is easier to punish. Once you make him pay for a few blocked spins it changes the game. You can start getting away with cross ups and get pressure on him off a knockdown, all from punishing the spin. I usually win or lose the match up depending on how well I bait and punish the spin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
One thing nice that I saw Tom Brady do was punishing KL's low hats on reaction. I've tried to replicate it online against other KL plays and it seems you have to be roughly 3/4 screen away or closer. It will not work from full screen. This should help TREMENDOUSLY. It did for me.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
don't jump, punish teleports, superman low hats on reaction, superman punish his 212121, after a blocked low hat up close u can mash grab or check him with a f2,4, for ex tele dash towards him as he reappears and punish or tele out and try to stay unpredictable with your strings and never tele to start offence he can spin u on reaction if your predictable. and never use b312 or 334 when he has xray cause it can interrupt those strings.