What's new

Combo Video - Thunder God Raiden Thunder god 52% & 53% midscreen by TONY-T

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Jesus. Meterless as well?

Edit: my bad, used meter of course, couldn't tell from mobile.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Jesus. Meterless as well?
that was not meterless, not sure if you were trolling when asking or not, but moves that have white outlines indicates when meter is used. in this case he used all three bars to do this combo.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
that was not meterless, not sure if you were trolling when asking or not, but moves that have white outlines indicates when meter is used. in this case he used all three bars to do this combo.
Oh my fault, watched on mobile and eyes deceived me. Didn't see his meters change so had a brain lapse and thought they weren't being used. Was gonna say those are so e advantageous special moves Lol!

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Very nice video! Mainly because I learned something new, so big thanks to Tony-T for that. I didn't know you could use b+1,4 like that in combos and have it cause such a long stun animation (long enough for the EX bolt to hit). Very cool.

Anyway, it inspired me to test around in practice mode to see what else I could find, and I found 2 variations on the combos, mostly with less running involved. No interactables just raw combo.

PS -- I didn't wanna start my own thread, since these combos are like 90% borrowed from the one by Tony, just a slight variation.
PS 2 -- Just realized that his original combos were in Thunder God, so I'm not sure if these are universal since f+2,2+4 is different.

I'm guessing 99% of people that post on TYM are competent / accomplished players (Tony being a pro), so I apologise for my inexperience. I can never, EVER hit those mid-combo jump attacks consistently. I usually jump too late, or jump and the punch / kick doesn't register.

D

Deleted member 9158

Damn, those are slick. I don't even play Raiden, I just enjoy your combos. Good stuff

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Man, awesome combos! The one thing I struggled with the most in MK9, and I suspect it'd be the same with MKX, was the dash forward in the middle of a combo. Do you use that here or do you use the new Run feature? And also, any tips on performing dash and/or run successfully?

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
I'm guessing 99% of people that post on TYM are competent / accomplished players (Tony being a pro), so I apologise for my inexperience. I can never, EVER hit those mid-combo jump attacks consistently. I usually jump too late, or jump and the punch / kick doesn't register.
Man, awesome combos! The one thing I struggled with the most in MK9, and I suspect it'd be the same with MKX, was the dash forward in the middle of a combo. Do you use that here or do you use the new Run feature? And also, any tips on performing dash and/or run successfully?

I think I see about 2 run cancels in Tony's videos. Definitely high skill and execution required. My 2 combos only use a single dash instead of a run cancel (after the EX fireball extender).

As for landing neutral up + punches in combos, I normally just mash up + 2 while recovering from the previous hit. Doing an actual run cancel into an up+2 seems impossible for me. Fortunately after the EX fireball in this combo, you have plenty of time to hit f,f, go to neutral, then up+2 or up+1.

I'm still looking for an easy to to cancel my run animation so my following input is more reliable.