What's new

Tech - Master of Storms Raiden Reset Trap MOS 1 bar 59%

TONY-T

Mad scientist

This is a setup i found on the master of storms variation. There is still much bigger damage to be had, this is just the most basic one i could find. Essentially if your opponent tries to wake up , they will get hit by the raiden balls, so they are forced to block, in which case you can then throw them into the trap. timing is tricky.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Hmm. Been wondering what the pros of this variation are. I feel like it's so much easier to blow up wakeups in thunder god though.

Albo

Noob
If you end the juggle with say 34/f22+4~static trap you can go for a b2/b3 mixup. If the opponent tries to armour wakeup, the trap and hits from b2 or b33 will break their armour and they'll be juggled.

If the opponent blocks, place a diagonal static trap (one behind raiden the other above the opponent) and if they try to punish the b2 or b3 on block they push themselves into the trap.

But it doesn't seem to work on some fast xrays and armoured specials with multiple hits of armour (eg kung lao ex spin, xray, liu xray, goro ex punchwalk) as b2 or b2 may be too slow and you don't know whether they're going to block or wakeup. Trap setups seem quite situational though, doesn't seem worth it and it says the ex full instant trap is +27 on block but it sure doesn't look like it is.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I cannot watch videos from here. Basically, is it correct that trap setups can be used to beat armored wakeups if paired with regular attack? Now, throw shenanigans sound like they will need different setup, but still.

Anyway, I suspected that MoS will have some oki setups (although it's really funny that I've never thought of throw combos, heck even MK9 Sub could do them), what we really need though is to figure out how to start them going.

Anyway, good job. I really want to see MoS kicking some ass.