What's new

Match Footage - Thunder God Raiden match videos

Train

Noob
Everyone Feel Free To put their Match videos or Ones you think ppl should check out.
Starting off , heres some from the best raiden player Nivek. (in my opinion).
ATM this guy is completely on another lvl. Check this out:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Holy crap! The ending in that one match on the second Nivek vs. FoxyGrampa video, where Nivek used the vine interactable to finish the match, that blew me away. Really impressed with Nivek's Raiden. That guy needs to go to EVO.

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Not to spam this thread or anything, but does anybody else find these ESL commentators annoying? Just get on with the matches already, thank you very much. Thanks YouTube for the capability of skipping forward quickly, that's all I gotta say about that.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
So I just saw the following video from a YOMI tournamen that was played after the Wound Cowboy vs. Forever King FT10 series over the weekend. It's good to see Perfect Legend representing Displacer Raiden. Check it out below (he picks Raiden at 07:00) and also one question: what does that look to you at 08:42 and 08:52? It can't be Option Select because those are gone. It looks to me like he is just canceling the B2 into Shocker:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
That's what I figured. And you probably have to commit to it, i.e. you can't hit confirm it? Because if you could, that would make Raiden's 50/50 safe.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
That's what I figured. And you probably have to commit to it, i.e. you can't hit confirm it? Because if you could, that would make Raiden's 50/50 safe.
You can hit confirm it, but you have to have insane reaction speed. For me personally, I put it at "Technically possible, but not very practical" in terms of a real match. Granted, I don't main Raiden, so maybe one of you crazy peeps would want to put the time into it to do it.

If so, here's a tip- don't react to the hit. By the time his first open handed hit connects, the window to A) process a hit versus a block and B) input the command for shocker is very small. It's much, MUCH easier to throw the B2, and then LOOK AT YOUR OPPONENT to see if their standing block animation is up. You have a decent window from when you start the B2 to do the cancel IF YOU SEE THE OPPONENT'S BLOCK ANIMATION. It starts as soon as the attack starts, so you don't really have to "hit confirm" technically.

Naturally, you'll cancel on hit if your opponent stops blocking or decides to low block at the last second, but watching the opponent's block animation was the only way I could practically cancel into shocker on block. Hope that helps.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Gotcha, thanks for the tips! I am definitely not one of those crazy peeps you speak of. Just a casual Raiden player here lol. Still, it's good to have all that info. And here is some more Raiden play, a rare thing to see these days, by Perfect Legend:

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
Ever since the big patch I've been waiting to see someone use Displacer in a tournament setting. The use of regular tele to maintain pressure was pretty awesome. I've tried to bust out displacer at some of my weeklies and had varying success, but this shows me that he can be viable if I get out of the TG mind set and move towards a mobility mindset. That far away tele zone bait into a grab was awesome.

Any displacer mains got some commentary of what looks like "optimal play" in these matches and where PL could have capitalized but didn't? It looked like he didn't get as much damage as he could in the corner, but that may have just been him playing it safe to not drop anything.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I won a local last night using Displacer, here's the stream archive (starts partway through the tournament, there were streaming issues), enjoy.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/v/22142869

27min: Yomi Rambro
44min: PJ Da Pimp (winners finals)
1hr26min: Mortyseinfeld (grand finals)
Very good stuff! I will use your play style as a reference point in getting better with displacer. Very impressive!