What's new

Raiden Lacks Long Combo Inputs

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Based on what i've seen its like he is not completed as a character. Even in mortal kombat 9 he had decent combos that would last more than 4 seconds. Hopefully with updates they will give him more combos...if that's even possible. I don't even use raiden but if i wanted to this has to be fixed.

Every character is basic in this game, try out others if you don't like Raiden. I am all for long combos but it is how it is, no need to be salty. My mains are not here and Kabal is good. Sonya is great too, you should play her for longer combos and then open the next thread about how breakaways kill long combos ay.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Every character is basic in this game, try out others if you don't like Raiden. I am all for long combos but it is how it is, no need to be salty. My mains are not here and Kabal is good. Sonya is great too, you should play her for longer combos and then open the next thread about how breakaways kill long combos ay.
My only interest in roster currently is just Noob and Shao Kahn. Looking forward to more dlc characters hopefully they will have long combos n such like in Mkx

Raiden lack some stuff to be competitive, but certainly is not lack of combos.
He is a far / mid range character....but in this version of the game it is not that difficult to get near the opponent....and once they-re in....Raiden is fucked.
His strings are so negative....you can't hit confirm like scorpion for example, who tries to guess with safe options and still has a chance to get out or continue the pressure on block because his buttons are decent.
Storm cell is not safe on block....and when he is safe (like b1 2 / b3 1), even with push back, he is in trouble.

It seems like he was projectes to be good when dashes and high pressure weren't a thing....but the game changed and there is no way to use him competitively right now.

Raiden lack some stuff to be competitive, but certainly is not lack of combos.
He is a far / mid range character....but in this version of the game it is not that difficult to get near the opponent....and once they-re in....Raiden is fucked.
His strings are so negative....you can't hit confirm like scorpion for example, who tries to guess with safe options and still has a chance to get out or continue the pressure on block because his buttons are decent.
Storm cell is not safe on block....and when he is safe (like b1 2 / b3 1), even with push back, he is in trouble.

It seems like he was projectes to be good when dashes and high pressure weren't a thing....but the game changed and there is no way to use him competitively right now.
I've been playing him for a while now and this hits it on the head for me.

He feels great until someone is in your face and it feels like your only option is to eat shit until they splat you, then roll away and YOLO bf3 to get them TF off you.

I love the feeling of all of his moves but gosh darn they feel bad in a real situation.

Bright side is when you dial in b2, you have time to take a piss before it comes out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Raiden isn't a HUGE combo heavy character, he has a few decent ones but if you want long, fancy combos I wouldn't play Raiden. He can be competitive but it's tougher since he's obviously not higher tier.