What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What sucks is that you can only land a superman after the third set of f1,2,b2. Anything before that and you fly right under them
Not really. I realized that a single f1 or a d3 allow you to connect a superman. This can be used to simplify combos and still end in superman.

For example you can do f1,2,b2 run f1,2,b2 run f1 superman.

Abyway, Pako said the issues with the run cancels of Cage were an error and they will be fixed. Let's hope these ones are too, because it makes no sense.

Not really. I realized that a single f1 or a d3 allow you to connect a superman. This can be used to simplify combos and still end in superman.

Abyway, Pako said the issues with the run cancels of Cage were an error and they will be fixed. Let's hope these ones are too, because it makes no sense.
That third f1 is the hardest part lol

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god

Im pretty sute Paulo said the run cancel fixes will apply to everyone

What are you guys using for Raiden strats?

Here's what I'm do doing ...

For F12B2- If they try to armor the last hit I'll just do F12xxShocker
If they try to poke after blocking F12 I'll just do F12, F4 and it will crush their low poke since it's hard to see the delay in the string.

for teleport shenanigans- if they're trying to punish teleport on reaction then I'll do away teleport then F4 and get in their face.
if they're trying to punish teleport I'll do EXtele and then whiff punish them for trying to punish.

I was wondering is anyone able to do the LRC consistently after the patch/hotfix? I use to be able to do it at what feels like a 90% rate before the patch but now it seems that I am lucky to hit it three times a row in practice mode.

It seems that you have to hold the lighting bolt for a second before you can cancel it, but I can't seem to get the timing down of being able to do a combo with LRC consistently.

Also I am on PC if that makes a difference.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I was wondering is anyone able to do the LRC consistently after the patch/hotfix? I use to be able to do it at what feels like a 90% rate before the patch but now it seems that I am lucky to hit it three times a row in practice mode.

It seems that you have to hold the lighting bolt for a second before you can cancel it, but I can't seem to get the timing down of being able to do a combo with LRC consistently.

Also I am on PC if that makes a difference.
It makes a huge difference, unfortunately. PC has not gotten any of the hotfixes, so our run cancels are still bugged.

Hopefully it gets fixed by patch time on tuesday.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
What are you guys using for Raiden strats?

Here's what I'm do doing ...

For F12B2- If they try to armor the last hit I'll just do F12xxShocker
If they try to poke after blocking F12 I'll just do F12, F4 and it will crush their low poke since it's hard to see the delay in the string.

for teleport shenanigans- if they're trying to punish teleport on reaction then I'll do away teleport then F4 and get in their face.
if they're trying to punish teleport I'll do EXtele and then whiff punish them for trying to punish.
know the matchup for some, some armored moves can be broke by doing f12b2 shocker. Its been a while but i think 10 frame or slower moves are broken by this

Raidens ex vicinity blast should lose its armor and be a real launcher special to cancel into. That way if you don't want to be negative 30 to go for Raidens only mixup game, you can spend a bar and be safe. If He continues to have no pressure no zoning and a highly unsafe 50/50 then no one is goin to use him again. Whats the point?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
So, whats the point in lighting run cancels? It doesn't create frame traps and builds a very small amount of meter. What am I missing? I know it can make certain strings safe, for example Raidens b14, but I feel like I am missing something here.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
So, whats the point in lighting run cancels? It doesn't create frame traps and builds a very small amount of meter. What am I missing? I know it can make certain strings safe, for example Raidens b14, but I feel like I am missing something here.
Well if you condition your opponent then the L run cancels (on block) can be used to punish pokes - you can also get more chip damage and introduce mind games to it. So for example if i condition an opponent by doing b11 shocker -at this point in the game everyone knows the shocker is a high and most of the high level players will try and poke you or low profile- thats when the b11 is introduced - so b11 LRC b11 (which you can connect to ex shocker or DB3 ex full combo punish for poking) - then when they respect the b11 LRC you can then introduce grabs e.t.c. Its all about the mind games.

newb question: can someone explain to to me the option select being removed? i was under the assumption that b2 could not longer be cancled into shocker .. but i can still do it and i have seen other people streaming do it .. what i am missing?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
newb question: can someone explain to to me the option select being removed? i was under the assumption that b2 could not longer be cancled into shocker .. but i can still do it and i have seen other people streaming do it .. what i am missing?
Canceling=/=OSing

Prepatch if your opponent blocked B2 you could cancel(OS) into shocker and be safe, and if it hit then the shocker wouldn't come out and you could do a huge combo. I believe that's removed now unless I'm behind on something.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Is DB3 (or EX-DB3 for that matter) ever worth it? You get 1 hit advantage from normal DB3, which makes it a worse option compared to NJP. EX-DB3's second hit whiffs on block, giving your opponent a nice full combo punish, and it's inferior for combos compared to EX-shocker.

Also if there are any Displacer gurus around, how does Teleport truly change Raiden's game? Is normal teleport good in the neutral or for pressure? In which situations should I be using EX-teleport?

Is DB3 (or EX-DB3 for that matter) ever worth it? You get 1 hit advantage from normal DB3, which makes it a worse option compared to NJP. EX-DB3's second hit whiffs on block, giving your opponent a nice full combo punish, and it's inferior for combos compared to EX-shocker.

Also if there are any Displacer gurus around, how does Teleport truly change Raiden's game? Is normal teleport good in the neutral or for pressure? In which situations should I be using EX-teleport?
The only time I use db3 is when I do it by mistake :p

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular

In general-I think it is totally worth it but not as a wake up. It's good cuz you can punish jump ins and pokes as it hits mid. (Some low profiling pokes make it whiff tho) it also has corner carry aspect to it and beats some armour as its 2 hits.