What's new

Raiden F+2 Wakeup Option Selects

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've used f2~tele for awhile but never really considered using it on wakeup just out of fear of losing the advantage. I can see it working sometimes, but you're still just guessing and it's more risky than just blocking if you think they're going to wakeup. It puts you at -3 and your only option is to just sit there and block. You can't teleport out again since you just used teleport. You can't d1 because if they try and counter poke they're going to win and if they cross up they get a full jump in combo. And none of your strings are fast enough to win either. You can armor I guess, but you're just guessing in that case.

But I can see it throwing people off just like all of the -3 tele strings do sometimes. I'll keep trying it out and see if it's something I can at least throw in to try and confuse people.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You can't teleport out again since you just used teleport.
I'm an idiot and completely forget about the cooldown on teleport when I posted that. :oops:

I still think this is useful in some situations, especially if your opponent hasn't seen it before and can't figure it out quickly. I was using it in some casuals offline to some success over the weekend. On Sonya it's alright, especially if they like wake up Kartwheel. I got my friend to whiff ex-cartwheels a couple times, then was getting throws when he started blocking instead. It works fairly well against Kenshi as well. If he goes for a SC, and he probably will if it looks like you're trying to do wake up pressure, you can punish

I probably won't use it in tournament yet, but at SCR I should play a ton of different people so I'll use it a lot and try to get a feel for how well it works.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
KH StarCharger

I've tested out this Wake-Up tech on Kenshi and it worked effectively. I wonder how many other characters this could have a significant effect on?

Thanks for sharing.

I've used f2~tele for awhile but never really considered using it on wakeup just out of fear of losing the advantage. I can see it working sometimes, but you're still just guessing and it's more risky than just blocking if you think they're going to wakeup. It puts you at -3 and your only option is to just sit there and block. You can't teleport out again since you just used teleport. You can't d1 because if they try and counter poke they're going to win and if they cross up they get a full jump in combo. And none of your strings are fast enough to win either. You can armor I guess, but you're just guessing in that case.

But I can see it throwing people off just like all of the -3 tele strings do sometimes. I'll keep trying it out and see if it's something I can at least throw in to try and confuse people.
Ask @Pboard how effective this tech is because I was using it against him all last night and it stuffed every armored option he threw at me, or it got me in a position to whiff punish whatever he was doing on wake up, or I just got a free throw on WU. It's about mixing it up man. If you get in depth with this as I've begun to, it makes for a very reliable enhanced lightning setup.

Ask @Pboard how effective this tech is because I was using it against him all last night and it stuffed every armored option he threw at me, or it got me in a position to whiff punish whatever he was doing on wake up, or I just got a free throw on WU. It's about mixing it up man. If you get in depth with this as I've begun to, it makes for a very reliable enhanced lightning setup.
Much love to @EGP Pboard btw :) ggs last night bro!