What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden Damage Nerf: A Small Comparasion of Damage

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main

All Hold lightning attacks total damage reduced by about 1%
Shocker scales fast, now doing maybe 2% at high combo numbers

but.......can still build meter the same

this isn't too bad as most small combos only lose around 1%, 30-40% lose about 2-4% and big combos lose about 3-5%.....while others....get destroyed.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Raiden is still top tier. His meter building is ridiculously good and his damage is actually pretty normal now. He still has really solid damaging corner combos and mid screen. My only gripes with it were getting 25% meterless mid screen instead of 30%. Time to adjust.

Belial

Noob
here are more practical comparision

12b2 down from 30% to 25%
214~shocker down from 48% to 40%
shocker down form 40% to 32%
b33~shocker down from 45% to 37%
b32 down from 19 to 17%
b2 down from 47% to 40%

corner
b2 down from 52% to 45% (im using b2 b2 b14~ex shocker, b14~lrc,214~shocker)
b2 b2 f12b2,b14~shocker down from 39 to 32%
b32 njp, b14~lrc 214~shocker down from 32% to 24%

overall damage loss is 5-8% per combo, quite a blow, but honestly raiden damage was OP before.

Last edited:
Can someone do me a favor and see what ex shock b14 lrc 214 shock does. It was 37 and then when I didnt want to risk a drop id take a free ex shock b11 1+3 27%. I need to know if I might as well just take the 27 now.

I see up above shocker down to 32 from 40 but I skip njp

Also does ex shock b11 1+3 even do 27 anymore

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Honestly, meterless isn't that big of a deal either since one combo then they're in the corner where the pain gets put on. I mean 48% 1 bar midscreen into the corner should not ever be ok lol. Grapplers don't even do that much damage lol. We still have good dmg output, just comes down to whether or not you want to spend the bar midscreen. Anyway, we are closer to normal now(sarcasm) but I actually felt sorry for all the raiden players that contributed all the wonderful findings since it all has to be adjusted now

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Just realized that was worded weird. I meant that instead of having been worried the damage would be nerfed, they should have been worried f12b2/fb cancel/ meter building strings would be nerfed
Yea there are a number of things they could've done to him, but I don't think they want to destroy the character but just make him more fair, even if some things are a bit too good.

delbuster

hungry

new corner combos
1meter overhead 47
1meter low 42
meterless overhead 40
meterless low 24,27,28 based on how long b32 is held

my old numbers were from different combos but
1meter overhead was 54
1meter low was 50
don't remember my meterless stuff but it was definitely higher, maybe 45 for overhead and 34 or 40 for low...?