What's new

R1p's Arena General Discussion

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It'd be sweet if TYM/Rip's Arena had it's own internal ELO ranking, or something. Kind of like Chess.com.

R1p's Arena

R1p's Arena
Administrator
To be honest we have the infrastructure for that. If you guys would like to have a seperate Ranking / Leadersystem for TYM-Members, Robo & me can definetly make this possible.

@R1p's Arena @RoboCop

Just saw your new "banned" video you uploaded and read your comment about uTube censorship and demonetisation. I'm (DayInDaLife in your comments).

You can blur out or colour change the Fatals and Fatalities, or you can make the commentators full screen during them.

I just wanted to say that you should look into Vemo, or maybe Daily Motion. They are both video upload places, they both do payouts like youtube.... but they will not censor you at all. Upload anything there and you're good. It is their main advantage to stay competitive, by offering freedom that uTube doesn't. Like you can swear as much as you like there. Show the MK gore and they are even mroe lax on music and using film / tv cuts.

If you go for the fullscreen thing, you can do that live with a stage change in your streaming software during the cast. So that means you do not have to do any post recording editing and save time (time is money)... but if you edit the colour or do a blur, you will end up with two copies of your video and that will allow you to use these other sites for the non-censored versions.

Once you have the TWO versions. Upload the censored to Youtube and at the same time upload the other to Vemo to Dailymoton. Then just mention that the other uncensored version is going to be on the other streaming site. The people that care about this will go there, and you get paid for it, while you retain access to the larger viewer base that only use uTube. It is very little extra work. All you need to do is upload to two places at once and mention it now and then on stream.

I see a lot of chan do this. For example I follow on uTube a veterinary channel. They upload the blurred and censored vids with the blurring on surgeries and injuries but also upload a uncensored one to Vemo. I think you and other MK content people should do the same thing.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
R1p is really getting eviscerated by the pro community about the fuck up by banning that combo mid event. I hope @R1p's Arena can recover from this. I think it will be hard but somehow the entire thing needs to be put behind him and just move on, a little wiser this time.

For the record, this isn't an infinite, or a bug... what it is in fact is a extremely tight, skill based, frame perfect combo that uses ALL the resources and if you screw up your open to full punish, and you can also break it.

R1p got it so wrong in a knee jerk response... I just hope the Arean can get past this.

I didn't link them all but Forever King, Perfect Legend, DJT, Reo and more....

Also everyone is now posting other 100+ and even 500+ combos using other characters and kamoes. This is not a sindel, or a jax thing.

R1p needs to draw a line under this fast and move on. Stop the "argument" about what it is, or if it was the correct thing to do. Take a note form professional sports. Commit to the umpire error, do not show doubt and then move on with a clear "it is all legal apart form what is stated before the event" and then move TF on. Errors in rulings happen in sports all the time, but the endless debate is going to kill R1p's motivation and could kill the Arena. It is time to put this to bed.

Last edited:

R1p's Arena

R1p's Arena
Administrator
Hey Jynks,
appreciate the concern, but no worries this will not kill my motivation at all. I'm a private person, who's not perfect. Mistakes happen, but in this case the scenario is a bit more complicated than this & it was a mistake on my end to just throw a short tweet out like that, without giving proper context. I just didnt expect it to blow up like that. First of all in my events for more than 3 years anything which could be "bug-abuse" or an "infinite" is banned. I as the organizer have the final call what I think is right for MY events. I made the decision to ban this with the community and with like 10 pro players who were watching this live. I told everyone during the show that i honestly don't know if it's the right call. The player VAL reached out to me 4 weeks ago, saying that he found this combo with sindel, which he can endlessly loop with jax. There seems to be a way that you can extend the combo even more, so that the kameo recharges while doing it, which would turn it into a TOD if opponent doesnt have breaker. He then told me that the way Sindel is designed in MK1 it's super easy to confirm this ( even tho the Link itself is super tight ), but he could pull it off pretty consistently. At the same time the player told me that he doesn't know if theres any counterplay to it. So my ruling 4 weeks before this tournament was: "If this turns out to be an exploit/infinite/tod I PERSONALLY will not allow this in my events. So now 4 weeks after he used this exact thing in our tournament and the community reached out to me, explaining why this should not be tournament legal. Even Dragon, who was literally working for NRS told me that this would've been banned in the pro tour aswell, because it is a Bug in the game. Unfortunately I cannot explain it like Dragon did, but he said that specificially with Sindel and her being +22 should not lead to a nonscaling comboreset,, which is loopable. Generally speaking I still don't know if the decision was the right one, we gotta wait for NRS feedback. What I can say for sure is, that I will definetly learn from this.

R1p's Arena

R1p's Arena
Administrator
But generally speaking just as an addition. Robo & me are dudes sitting in our living room trying to create hobby events for the scene, so people can enjoy their hobby. We're putting an insane amount of our own money into thesee tournaments to help keeping things going. We hosted charity events, paid out more than 80 000$ to the pro scene, hosted events for newcomers & many more. We sacrificed so much of our own time for this community while asking for absolutley nothing in return. Our events are free to enter and people should put that into perspective, before "cancelling" us for 1 potential wrong decision. that's just my 2c.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Yo R1ps, please dont quit this and never ever consider it. These yt videos of the arena became my evening ritual and Im watching their daily after my baby girl goes to sleep. I loved watching Roethor playing Rain before Sonic Fox picked him, I loved all the matches because of its diversity and not only Raiden/Baraka/Johnny fest. Loved Tadzhik's Shao and learned from it a lot, excited for Koisy to join, had my jaw on the floor seeing Honeybee's Reptile and I can count more but you know my point already. Keep this up, please!

Plus, that will sound weird but... your voice is 11/10 for commentary. I bet you are working in a radio station irl xD

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Jynks What even is that post? "R1p needs to forget this and move on, oh, here is every tweet dragging him on Twitter". You have quite a few incorrect assumptions in your post:
  1. It wasn't a "fuck up". Many players, myself included, think it was the right call. It was a shit situation, so either decision would have been considered a "fuck up" by half our audience.
  2. It wasn't a "knee-jerk" response. Did you even watch the vod? R1p literally stopped the stream, collected viewer feedback, collected feedback from pro players, and called an emergency Mod meeting in voice chat. Based on all of that, it was decided that the best course of action was to ban the move and give Val another chance, which he refused. You're talking like R1p just made the call out of the blue, which was just not the case.
So, it's a shitty situation but that's the life of a TO. I think your post was mean-spirited and uncalled for, doing nothing but adding stress to an already stressful situation. I'm not going to remove it, because it doesn't violate our site rules, but I do think you should consider taking it down.

Jynks

Our events are free to enter and people should put that into perspective, before "cancelling" us for 1 potential wrong decision. that's just my 2c.
unfortunatly that is just not how public life works... I 100% agree with you, but poeple make snap judgments all the time.... I honestly think this will blow over, but some poeple will always make a stink about it... and a loud one.. but then I'd also say the ones that make the most noise will never enter or rarly watch anyway. It is a great example of how social media shows a scewed image of reality.

Jynks

@RoboCop @R1p's Arena

All I am saying is, that twitter is a BRUTAL place, as is any public life. Personally I think the decision was wrong, as I explained, and so of lot of other pros. Not random scrubs, but respected people.

The thing is NOT ONE of those pros or other people who actually care about MK, watch his events or enter them have lost ANY RESPECT for R1p.

We love him... dearly. He is literally one of the most important people in the entire MK Scene, and he is recognized as that. .... but .,..

Social Media is a fucking savage land and people will come at him, and keep coming. It will wear on anyone. R1p said it won't, but it will I have been in a similar boat and it wears on you. People are going to send him death threats and say the most insane;y aggressive thing and it will be constant.

I think this needs to just be stopped talking about on twitter. No "ask the community" videos, not more twitter posts. R1p needs to consider just moving on and letting the next w/e take over. Like the DLC not activating day 1 or something. It needs to be forgotten, and quickly. The urge to post and reply is strong.. the natural want to comment and defend yourself is strong... but just don't.

I think places like this is a safe space to talk as we are all on the same page, but twitter... that place is a fucking cesspit

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Since I'm now finally allowed to officially adress it. I reached out to NRS days ago regarding the Sindel thing and they confirmed to me that it is NOT intended & that it was a bug and would've been banned in PRO Komp aswell, because of that. It got fixed with todays patch.
Which further confirms you did well in banning it. The fact that you even gave the guy a chance to rematch (and he refused) makes me wonder how and why the fuck were people against this decision.