What's new

Quitting Smoking

JrK

Probably Drunk
smoked from 12 1/2 to 17 1/2 and i quit because i played world of warcraft and i chew. so i just avoided the whole needing to go outside to smoke and i told myself i was only gonnna smoke bud because my girlfriend is about to lose her aunt to cancer. i have not smoked a cigaretter in going on 7 months!
gj!

aj1701

Noob
I've been a smoker now since the age of 16. I'm 21 now going on 22 and am curious if anyone here on TYM has effectively quit.

If you did, anyone have any advice? I'm trying to but a lack of nicotine puts me in a pretty bad depressive state.
I never smoked, but my dad did. The patch helped him, he's not been smoking for five years now. Good luck, it will be worth it!

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
Started smoking when I came back from Iraq. It was something to occupy my body and mind cause I had the "jitters" real bad when I first came back. Then I never stopped smoking. After about 4 years, I quit smoking and started dipping and chewing. After two years I stopped that because I noticed that my gumline had deteriorated severly. I then started using the nicotine gum for a few months and finally I transitioned to regular gum. Haven't had any nicotine since December 2010. It's just mind over matter. Anyone can quit.