What's new

Question for people who pre-ordered digitally

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
So I pre-ordered mine digitally on the XB1 a couple of weeks ago, the premium edition. Normally on the XB1, as soon as you pre-order it you can download it. But the download was only 100 MB’s. Also, didn’t get any type of beta code.

So, how are we supposed to get the code? Do we get it automatically? Also, why was the preload only 100 MB’s? I need answers.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I think the beta key is automatic. As for the download, thats just a placeholder. When the game releases, it'll download the game properly.
Okay.

For the placeholder, it’s supposed to pre download the full game. That way at midnight on release, you can play it immediately after any day 1 updates you’d have to download. That’s why I’m confused about it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Okay.

For the placeholder, it’s supposed to pre download the full game. That way at midnight on release, you can play it immediately after any day 1 updates you’d have to download. That’s why I’m confused about it.
dude, the game hasn't gone gold, how could you possibly download it?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I don't know about Xbox but I pre-ordered on PS4 and the countdown timer for the pre-download before the actual release date is set to April 21st.
About the Beta, I don't think there is any need for a code given the digital nature of the pre-order. I think it'll be added/downloaded automatically once it's available.

Xelz

Go over there!
Typically pre-launch downloads start within a week before release. The Division 2 pre-download only just went live, and it launches a week from today.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
My last digital download started at midnight that night and didn't take very long at all.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm also concerned like @Juggs I pre-ordered MK11 on XB1 and received no Beta code either.
From what I remember last game we had a code to download the beta app separately so what gives?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hmmm, I always pre-order digitally on a console, for me it's PS4 tho, and if you leave your console on sleep mode it'll download on its own a day before the release. I never had to use a beta for digital.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
dude, the game hasn't gone gold, how could you possibly download it?
Dude, I didn’t know that. Typically on the XB1 as soon as you can pre-order it you can pre-download it. It has worked for every single game as soon as it’s available to pre-order. I know PS4 is terrible and only let’s you do it a day or so before, but we’re talking about the superior system here.

Thingy

Retired account
From my experience on XBox, the pre load is available a few days before release. It is never this early.