What's new

Question for NRS because I'm curious

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Yeah...unless it's Skyrim in the MK universe

I want a fighting game.
That would actually be damn cool

From what I understand over the years I have spent reading about what the developers thought about the series is that as Technology has grown they were always driven, because they always wanted to do something else that they couldn't do previously with the game. I'd imagine it is almost like being an artist or performing musician when it comes to seeing the announcements of new game in a series that one has worked on for so many years. The fans energy just tends to feed the developers the energy they need and crave to continue in the series. When the hype dies so to does the interest of developers die as well.

I do think that NRS could branch out or even say give Rocksteady or another WB developer the ability to create a different kind of game based within the MK universe. It would be interesting to see say Rocksteady do a Arkham style game based off one or several MK characters in the MK universe.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
That would actually be damn cool

From what I understand over the years I have spent reading about what the developers thought about the series is that as Technology has grown they were always driven, because they always wanted to do something else that they couldn't do previously with the game. I'd imagine it is almost like being an artist or performing musician when it comes to seeing the announcements of new game in a series that one has worked on for so many years. The fans energy just tends to feed the developers the energy they need and crave to continue in the series. When the hype dies so to does the interest of developers die as well.

I do think that NRS could branch out or even say give Rocksteady or another WB developer the ability to create a different kind of game based within the MK universe. It would be interesting to see say Rocksteady do a Arkham style game based off one or several MK characters in the MK universe.
Like how Bethesda make Elderscrolls single player games and Zenimax online studios make Elderscrolls Online. Different branches of the same company. NRS could make competitive fighting games and say, Rocksteady branch into the MK adventure game market. So then we get the best of both genre in the mk universe.

Mortal Kombat vs Game of Thrones

Seriously though, I think it's pretty exciting to see how anxious Ed Boon is... It's like he knows what NR is going to show is going to amaze the fans and him being so excited about it makes me even more so.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Mortal Kombat vs Game of Thrones

Seriously though, I think it's pretty exciting to see how anxious Ed Boon is... It's like he knows what NR is going to show is going to amaze the fans and him being so excited about it makes me even more so.
Every mk game is different. People either like it or hate it. Over the years I've learned that whatever we think the next mk game will be, ed boon will kompletely surprise our expectations.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Like how Bethesda make Elderscrolls single player games and Zenimax online studios make Elderscrolls Online. Different branches of the same company. NRS could make competitive fighting games and say, Rocksteady branch into the MK adventure game market. So then we get the best of both genre in the mk universe.
Exactly hopefully with much less bugs than what Bethesda games are known for :)