What's new

Question for NRS because I'm curious

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I would just simply like to know how it feels to be on your end of all of this. It's gotta be crazy exciting to FINALLY show off a reveal trailer, especially one of this magnitude. I mean, it's gotta be hype to reading, hearing and seeing all of the hype.

JUNE 2ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to make a similar thread but in a more cynical manner.

NRS, how does it feel to keep making the same game for 20 years, and working with the same universe and genre of game.

I would think it is sort of bitter sweet.
I mean, I'm sure you want to flex the companies' creative talent in other genre of games.

i hate myself - lil b

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I was going to make a similar thread but in a more cynical manner.

NRS, how does it feel to keep making the same game for 20 years, and working with the same universe and genre of game.

I would think it is sort of bitter sweet.
I mean, I'm sure you want to flex the companies' creative talent in other genre of games.

i hate myself - lil b
But NRS KNOWS the fans want more MK so they can rest easy knowing that this franchise is very popular regardless if its the same universe.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I think they love this part of the hype / advertising machine to see the genuine joy from the fans but at the same time I'm sure it's exhausting. COUNTLESS interviews that you have to do and give the same cryptic "safe answers" that you've answered a billion times over. Game launches from an industry perspective are pretty gruelling from what I gather. Huge deadline crunches....super late hours trying to push things out, etc.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'd imagine they feel more anxious than super excited. Kinda like waiting for a grade in a test you feel you did really well in, but being nervous you didn't quite meet the standards, if only cause the teacher is super anal/strict.

In this case, you replace the teacher with fans expecting too much. :D

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I say troll the entire community and just reveal it early. Let's get this bullshit over with and get to the real discussion. I know it's all in good fun, but these antics are just played out already. Really hoping someone leaks info early to spoil the countdown. Whatever the game is, I know I will buy it.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
This thread makes me angry. Primarily at the people who say "If the next mk game is not a fighting game then I'm not going to play it". Yes it's origins come from the fgc but MK is not a fighting game. It's a game that has fighting in it. The MK universe is so big now that it could be a fighting game, an adventure game, a role playing game, even a shooting game. Imagine playing as Ashrah, killing Oni in the Netherrealm with her holy sword - it's no different than Dante's Inferno. The hype for new mk is good but it should be hype about every mk game, not just mk 2.5d tournament games.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
This thread makes me angry. Primarily at the people who say "If the next mk game is not a fighting game then I'm not going to play it". Yes it's origins come from the fgc but MK is not a fighting game. It's a game that has fighting in it. The MK universe is so big now that it could be a fighting game, an adventure game, a role playing game, even a shooting game. Imagine playing as Ashrah, killing Oni in the Netherrealm with her holy sword - it's no different than Dante's Inferno. The hype for new mk is good but it should be hype about every mk game, not just mk 2.5d tournament games.
The story mode to MKD, if I remember correctly, was the best thing they ever did as far as story mode goes IMO. With that in mind, they technically could do a story mode game where every character has their own journey. Did I mention how awesome MK Mythologies was? I wouldn't mind a curve ball like that, but it must stay a 2D game when it comes to fights. Even tho they did say 3D had better sales and left the other 2D fans in limbo.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Well we did have MK Mythologies and Shaolin Monks. Oh and Special Forces. You're right. Every MK game doesn't have to be a fighter. But now with NRS also pouring time and resources into IGAU they won't be able to come up with MK games frequently enough. And if a MK game only comes out once every 4-5 years there's no alternative than to demand a fighter, which is MK's most popular form. Without IGAU the gaps in between could have been filled with adventure games but now its hard to see that happening. Honestly I myself would want a MK game to be a fighter every time if it came out after 4 years.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Today I learned that Mortal Kombat is not a fighting game.

If the reveal is anything less than MK10 (the fighting game), people will be fucking livid. Nobody wants anything but that and NRS knows it.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Well we did have MK Mythologies and Shaolin Monks. Oh and Special Forces. You're right. Every MK game doesn't have to be a fighter. But now with NRS also pouring time and resources into IGAU they won't be able to come up with MK games frequently enough. And if a MK game only comes out once every 4-5 years there's no alternative than to demand a fighter, which is MK's most popular form. Without IGAU the gaps in between could have been filled with adventure games but now its hard to see that happening. Honestly I myself would want a MK game to be a fighter every time if it came out after 4 years.
Special forces doesnt count as a game :(