What's new

Question: Clash VS Break for MK10

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Do you see the pattern here. People want breakers in mk but aggressive, attack minded players don't like them. Because breakers are defensive strategy. It's not just about doing kombos, part of the meta game is working around your opponents meter. Things like enhanced net and trance take away meter, effectively taking your opponents breaker away from them. Anyone remember green lantern's broken breaker grab from mk vs dc? Maybe we could have breaker quotes?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Why do people want breakers to be assigned some arbitrary number per round? They did that in the 3D MK games with 3 per game. You know what happened? If you built a good enough lead and saved your breakers, there was no way someone could come back. Paulo talked about this very issue in the MKast years ago.

With breakers tied to the meter, you have to make actually come up with a strategy instead of just always having a get out of combo free card, no matter what your meter situation is. It was one of THE best design decisions they made for MK9 and I can't believe some of you are suggesting they go back to how it was before. It's a stupid idea and you should all feel bad.

Threads like this make me hope NRS completely ignores TYM when it comes to design decisions like this.

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
2-3 breakers per round like in the 3D games, but breakers cost 2 bars. Instead of clash quotes, do what DBZ did with MU specific Intro/Exit quotes.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I said per round, not the whole match, that's beyond dumb and so is feeling bad about making a suggestion. At least with breakers per round you'd need to use it wisely, rather than using a decent char that builds meter fast, and can breaker almost every time the opposition touches you.
But regardless this suggestion isn't a strong desire for this to happen, hence the question mark on my previous post.
it shouldn't really change anyway, its still good takes away bar for damage or rests from the opponent, and that's always nice.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why do people want breakers to be assigned some arbitrary number per round? They did that in the 3D MK games with 3 per game. You know what happened? If you built of a good enough lead and saved your breakers, there was no way someone could back. Paulo talked about this very issue in the MKast years ago.

With breakers tied to the meter, you have to make actually come up with a strategy instead of just always having a get out of combo free card, no matter what your meter situation is. It was one of THE best design decisions they made for MK9 and I can't believe some of you are suggesting they go back to how it was before. It's a stupid idea and you should all feel bad.

Threads like this make me hope NRS completely ignores TYM when it comes to design decisions like this.
SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!

Do you really want this shit???

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
Breakers but they could give characters a few phrases or whatever to say when they break like how they do with throw breaks and stuff in that other fighting game.

E

Eldriken

Breakers but they could give characters a few phrases or whatever to say when they break like how they do with throw breaks and stuff in that other fighting game.
Agreed. That would be awesome. Make character specific throws, throw techs and breakers.

That's one of my favorite things in Injustice.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
If breakers have to be in, I would prefer them to be more like a anime burst. Like completely ripping them off.

You have one breaker per round, costs no meter, but it servers multiple purposes depending on the situation you use it.

If used well in hit stun, it stops the combo like a regular breaker, but only during hit stun, not in a juggle state.

If used well in block stun, it acts like pushblock and knocks them full screen.

If used well in a attack animation, it cancels the animation and puts you in neutral so you can make something safe, extend a combo or blockstring. Also, if done in a combo, it reduces damage and gravity scaling by half.

You can also use it in neutral and it just does the combo breaker animation as an actual attack, does no damage but knocks them full screen, and gives you some meter, heavily unsafe. This is more so you can bait out a combo breaker, but with how slow normals and strings are in NRS games, it might be kinda hard.

Makes it a much more precious resource well also adding in lots of utility.

Arksy games, mostly Persona are the only time I ever not been annoyed by breakers.

Last edited:

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Breakers don't interupt the flow of the game like clashes do, especially MK.

It would be a momentum killer plus slow the game down.

E

Eldriken

I think the general idea going into it would be cyrax doesnt have 80% reset combos again.
Maybe not him, but other characters may. There's no telling what any character can do until it's released.