What's new

Question - A-List Question about sk run cancel usage

f24

Don't F*** with a God
Hey guys, I'm still pretty scrub tier, but I like to think that I'm leveling up. I main Johnny Cage, and I've learned a lot about him, but I have some questions about the usage of the skrc.

I've been practicing my execution with them, but I'm wondering: what are the scenarios in which I should use them? I don't want to just throw them out to show that I can do them; I want to have a reason behind me doing them.

My problem is that I think I'm thinking about it too hard. I'll do 113 (or a similar string) and think way too hard about the run cancel and miss out on a missed opportunity to continue the combo if it hit confirms because I focused too hard on getting a run cancel out.

Basically
Which situations are best suited for using the various run cancels?

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
The general rule imo is that you wanna use your runcancels whenever you have an opening to apply pressure.
It's about making your opponent respect your offense which you then can follow up with mixing him up.
And with the combo drops you just have to practice and time will take care of it.
The First time you land a double runcancel combo in a real match will make you feel great ;)

Training Johnny is the best way to earn koins. Just load up a tower and keep practicing those run cancels in CPU matches to get used to performing them in match situations.