What's new

Question about mechanics

Belial

Noob
1) There are shortcuts in the game, like 1+3 = throw, 1+2 = interactible and 2+3 = switch stance. There is a problem with input however. When you're in blockstun or holding a direction on a lot of occasions shortcut doest work netting regular move instead. Correcponding button (i.e. throw button) will work perfectly. Why is it happening and is there a way to fix it?

2) b3 and f3 can be meterburned to get armor. However you cannot press b+3+mb you have to do b+3,mb. My question is, which is the earliest frame you can cancel b3 into armored version? So far I wasnt able to armor any gap smaller than 5 frames.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
For number 1, I saw Sajam and Ultradavid complaining about it.

Something that definitely needs fixing. Playing this game on a stick is already annoying enough.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
In the first game if you held MB and then did B3 it would have armor from the beginning, can you not do that anymore?

Belial

Noob
In the first game if you held MB and then did B3 it would have armor from the beginning, can you not do that anymore?
I've only tried in Injustice 1, but my friends with the beta say this problem is still in. Never tried to hold MB though. Gotta check, thx 4 the tip.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Here's hoping it doesn't turn into something stupid where if they block the throw comes out but if they dont the normal comes out.

JDM

Noob
pretty sure it works the same. That's how I did it in Injustice 1 and it's not different for me in Inj 2.

Here's hoping it doesn't turn into something stupid where if they block the throw comes out but if they dont the normal comes out.
it already is... and you can do it with throw button too
can you explain?
Omooba, I don't think you read the latter part of that.

where if they block the throw comes out but if they dont the normal comes out.
That's what I think Belial thought you meant.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Ugh...this is just like all those other one button throw fighting games that have the awful thing of push direction+atk to throw or if they dont block to get a command normal. So braindead...two button throws are supposed to remove that and not do the same thing to keep things honest.
:(