What's new

Question about bombs

Everyone's all like "RAGGLE FRAGGLE I WALK ALL OVER BOMBS BRO. LIKE WHATCHUGOT!?"

So, is it...viable...to just oh say... midbomb, backdashxxfarbomb, net, for an opponent at fullscreen?
Or if the guys at midscreen, dashxxclosebomb,backdashxxmidbomb, net.

So basically what I'm asking is, it is viable to use half-dash cancels into bombs in order to make tight clusters of bombs that you simply can't just walk over like its no big deal.
I could be wrong, but a carpet bomb thrown with a net might be a little harder to avoid...

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Doesn't really work because by the time you dash back from the first bomb and start to throw the second bomb the first one's about to blow up. It still does have its used, especially if you're playing a character that needs specific spacing like Kitana.

NariTuba

disMember
it works, basically the more unpredictable you are the better so different spacing is better than same spacing everytime. Set up your offence with it tho, you are determining where they can move and where they cant. Anticipate and lunge at the right time. Dont just try to fish for a net hit.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I've got a quick question for Cyrax players, and this looks like a good place to ask.
How safe is far bomb, teleport? Can characters punish you without getting hit by the bomb? I bet Raiden can at least superman you. I've been using this for anti-zoning a lot lately, but I want to make sure it's legit.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
far bomb teleport is by no means safe, any character with advancing moves blow up the teleport (lolpun), they move themselves completely out the way.

bombs in general are overated, you're better off trying to pin the opponent into them with normals and being on point with your anti airs as everyone just likes to jump away from them.