What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Mains, who do you secondary?

I'm curious as to what characters other Quan mains secondary (if any) to help shore up some of his worse matchups... or just for fun. Thoughts?

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I'm liking Shinnok but PC doesn't have the most recent patch and boneshaper can't cancel F2,2,1+3 yet for me.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I play Jason, Dvorah and lately Kotal. I really really want to play the updated Jason but I'm on PC so I've been learning Kotal in the mean time. Sun God and Blood God are both really fun and completely different than Quan which I like. My main qualm with Quan is his lack of normals and footsie options. I don't like 50/50s I like reads, reactions and interesting setups.

NKZero

Noob
I think all Quan Chi's variations are sufficient to cover every MU tbh. Summoner dominates a lot of the cast and is probably overall his best variation, so you can rock it to most MU's. Warlock is useful for the wake-up armour and footsies against characters who deal better with the zoning in Summoner.

I think Sorcerer is great as well, but I don't know if there's any particular MU I'd use it in. It just depends if you prefer this play style over the other 2 because it's a perfectly legitimate variation.

But I do play Grandmaster Sub Zero on the side, not for MU's though, just coz...Sub Zero. NKZero.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I feel Raiden covers Quans main weakness really well, he has a shit ton of armour, so I use him. Also, I use Cage A-List but that's cause I've always like characters with cancels and Cage himself.

Last edited:

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
tempest lao, its like the complete opposite of quan, covers most of his hardest matchups, as top tier as quan