What's new

Match Footage - Quan Chi Quan Chi's match footage thread-(tournament or other wise)

macro

Eezeepeezee
So I thought this might be good to have, especially since the first local for MKX will be tomorrow; and indeed I will be supporting and playing the all might Quan Chibi.

And yes there will be a video of me playing Quan here in place of this text by tomorrow, but for now go ahead and post any of you Quan match footage here.

@Under_The_Mayo @STB Shujinkydink @Insuperable @Dr Jackal @mfkaoz @Woolay Chi
@all my other Quan brothers

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I joined a tournament here in the Philippines using Quan Chi. I placed 3rd because gooddamnit I can't seem to properly punish Scorpion. I will be posting the videos here as soon as they're up.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Video is up on Twitch. MKX Top 4 matches starts at 04:17:00

http://www.twitch.tv/xsplit/b/651160254
Your use of b2 in combos made me realize that I need to use it when I'm near corner and I need that extra push to get them all the way there. 4 doesn't have that push that b2 does. I'd say you need to learn some other strings though and hit confirm your unsafe ones with ex rune on block. Your setup for bat was pretty itneresting though, you'd do a standard starter into trance and summon bat into a launcher + bat and resummon. I actually think that might be better than what I've been doing with neutral jump after trance into 141 bat, b12 bat. Also if you don't mind me criticizing your play more there were a lot of opportunities to combo ex rune after you hit a bat and jail them in the corner, also you could of used forward bat after a skull or rune to cover yourself and build meter. Also, use f212(it's hit confirmable and safe), especially when you're meterless or when you're doing a jip into a combo, there was one time you jip and you knew it was hitting but you did a b324 which whiffs because it has no forward movement and you got punished. Also try f14 and b+1 I believe they're both safe as well. b324 is just too unsafe without meter or bat.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Your use of b2 in combos made me realize that I need to use it when I'm near corner and I need that extra push to get them all the way there. 4 doesn't have that push that b2 does. I'd say you need to learn some other strings though and hit confirm your unsafe ones with ex rune on block. Your setup for bat was pretty itneresting though, you'd do a standard starter into trance and summon bat into a launcher + bat and resummon. I actually think that might be better than what I've been doing with neutral jump after trance into 141 bat, b12 bat. Also if you don't mind me criticizing your play more there were a lot of opportunities to combo ex rune after you hit a bat and jail them in the corner, also you could of used forward bat after a skull or rune to cover yourself and build meter. Also, use f212(it's hit confirmable and safe), especially when you're meterless or when you're doing a jip into a combo, there was one time you jip and you knew it was hitting but you did a b324 which whiffs because it has no forward movement and you got punished. Also try f14 and b+1 I believe they're both safe as well. b324 is just too unsafe without meter or bat.
Yea with the bnb,trance,summon bat,launcher,bat,summon bat setup, I wanted to put Ermac fullscreen and force him to teleport for me to punish it. Also it can give characters with no teleport a hard time closing the gap.

Thank you. All your suggestions are noted. Will try to us f212 more (you're right its easier to hit confirm and safe). I need to stop doing b324 when jumping in because most of the time it whiffs and I get punished for it.