What's new

Guide - Sorcerer Quan Chi's armor guide-Sorcerer

macro

Eezeepeezee
Info tips about the armor:
The armor aura comes out in to seconds with the armor, but you can only move in three seconds after you put the aura down.

Every time you get hit in the aura, you have to wait five seconds till the armor comes back.

The armor aura, just like all other auras, last nine seconds.

Last but definitely not least if you walk out of the aura and walk back in you get your armor instantly back. Btw there is a trick to this I'll tell you guys later in the tech part of the thread.

So now that we got are timing down, let's talk about: how we can safely put up the aura.

MB ruin will do the trick, but the only thing you need to watch out for is, if you're play against another Quan he can take away a hit of your armor right away.

Full screen MB skull on block is always safe.

On hit MB skull is always safe.

Ending combos with 141 and 21xxaura are always safe.

Something that you guys probably didn't know is, in the last patch NRS nerfed Quans down 4.

Because in the start of the match you could get a down 4 into a free safe armor aura, and the only character that could do anything about it at maximum range was Reptile with his forward 2 and still it would be punished because it would hit the armor.

But nonetheless this is still a good option to use if your opponent isn't expecting it, it just might not be safe all the time to use.

Another not as safe trick to use is the F212 trick, after hitting a F212 on block you can put up a aura since this move is 0 on block you opponent only really has a second to hit you out of it before the armor comes. Here is were it gets really tricky, you can also just walk back and the moves that would punish this move would now wiff ( like 11, or down 3, or even most other moves.) plus now you just got yourself a nice wiff punish on your hands.

Tech:

Abusing the armor.

Ok now the armor aura has a pretty weird area of affect, now if you remember me talking about walking in and out of the aura to get your armor back, well here's a trick: if Quan Chi has only one foot fully in the aura you still have one hit of armor plus you can tap forward once or do a JI and there you go you just got another hit of armor.

I got more little pieces of tech here and there, but it's more for dealing with characters which I'll post in a match-up thread.

@Insuperable @Under_The_Mayo @STB Shujinkydink

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This variation is soo underrated. Red aura needs an enlarged area though, a buff.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This variation is soo underrated. Red aura needs an enlarged area though, a buff.
I'm pretty much playing sorcerer exclusively for Quan. The armor spell is too good. I didn't know about the D4 spell thing. Macro are you saying that MB rune on block gives a free aura?

macro

Eezeepeezee
I'm pretty much playing sorcerer exclusively for Quan. The armor spell is too good. I didn't know about the D4 spell thing. Macro are you saying that MB rune on block gives a free aura?
Let's say this is the stage

--------------------------------
^ ------------ ^
Q -------------S

Quan. Safe.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey Mayo I've been meaning to ask you. Do you play on ps4?

Nice guide. I'm currently using this variation and learning Warlock, but haven't put much time in because I'm trying to master Sub.