What's new

Question - Summoner Quan Chi Summoner need?

I missed the Kombat Kast, I heard Quan Chi's Summoner was going to be nerfed? Is that true? Meant to say "nerf" in topic title, sorry phone's autocorrect.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
  • Quan Chi - Adjusted attack collision on Away+BP / Away+BP(held), Away+BP(held maximum time) now juggles for a combo afterwards
  • Quan Chi - Down+FP now has 6 startup frames and is -7 on block (down from 9 and -10)
  • Quan Chi - Away+BP is now -4 on hit (down from -8), Away+FK is now -3 on hit (down from -8)
  • Quan Chi - Throw is now +2 on hit (up from -8)
  • Quan Chi - Skull and Air Skull no longer force autoblock
  • Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Fixed a bug that would cause every 11th frame while standing in the Dark Curse rune to not have armor
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Scoop & Portal Slam now has 11 startup frames (down from 18) and is now a hard knockdown
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Scoop no longer ignores damage scaling on the last hit and had its damage increased by 2
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Grab last hit no longer ignores damage scaling and had its damage increased by 2
  • Quan Chi (Summonner) - Demon Spark no longer forces auto block and allows for combos afterwards

• Quan Chi - Adjusted attack collision on Away+BP / Away+BP(held), Away+BP(held maximum time) now juggles for a combo afterwards
  • Quan Chi - Down+FP now has 6 startup frames and is -7 on block (down from 9 and -10)
  • Quan Chi - Away+BP is now -4 on hit (down from -8), Away+FK is now -3 on hit (down from -8)
  • Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Fixed a bug that would cause every 11th frame while standing in the Dark Curse rune to not have armor
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Scoop & Portal Slam now has 11 startup frames (down from 18) and is now a hard knockdown
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Scoop no longer ignores damage scaling on the last hit and had its damage increased by 2
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Grab last hit no longer ignores damage scaling and had its damage increased by 2
  • Quan Chi (Summonner) - Demon Spark no longer forces auto block and allows for combos afterwards
Okay I tried looking up info to understand all this but to no avail. Could you elaborate please? All this frame data meanings are difficult to understand.

Okay I tried looking up info to understand all this but to no avail. Could you elaborate please? All this frame data meanings are difficult to understand.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
okay i will break it down
buff number one: if b2 is held for the maximum amount of time it will leave them in a juggled state so you can combo off of it without trance
buff number two: D1 has 6 frame start up which means that it is fast as fuck and is now safer on block
buff number three: B2 is now -4 on hit so it is easier to recover off of an input error, and B3 is the same situation
buff number four: quans throw is no longer punishable
buff number five: fixed the inconsistancy with the armor circle
buff number six: portal scoop is now faster
fix: fixed a glitch where portal scoop did more damage
buff/nerf number seven: damage scaling fixed so it doesnt do absurd damage at the end of combos but added 2% damage in general to the move
buff number eight: i honestly dont know what demon spark is but you can combo after it now since before it would automatically make you block after performing the move

okay i will break it down
buff number one: if b2 is held for the maximum amount of time it will leave them in a juggled state so you can combo off of it without trance
buff number two: D1 has 6 frame start up which means that it is fast as fuck and is now safer on block
buff number three: B2 is now -4 on hit so it is easier to recover off of an input error, and B3 is the same situation
buff number four: quans throw is no longer punishable
buff number five: fixed the inconsistancy with the armor circle
buff number six: portal scoop is now faster
fix: fixed a glitch where portal scoop did more damage
buff/nerf number seven: damage scaling fixed so it doesnt do absurd damage at the end of combos but added 2% damage in general to the move
buff number eight: i honestly dont know what demon spark is but you can combo after it now since before it would automatically make you block after performing the move
Thank you for explaining all that. I wish I completely understood the terminology.

Last edited: