What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Sorcerer Quan Chi (sorcerer)-Shinnok breakdown

macro

Eezeepeezee
First I'm going to go over the things that Shinnok is normally punishable on.

F224 is negative 17
Now when a Shinnok player cancels out of this string he will have a gap.
You can only meter burn Sky Drop through his Hell Sparks and Amulet Strike.
Besides that you just going to have to take the block.

31 is negative 14, but no one would ever just stop this string here, wether them just finishing the string or just cancelling it into a special move. I just thought I would mention it.

[Bone Shaper only]

F22 has the same exact properties as F224, and it's negative 22 by itself.

F31D2U2 and F41D2U2 is negative 11, and if the opponent does the whole string you can punish with 14.

And that's it for strings! Now its time for his special moves.

No variation specials:

Hell Sparks is negative 22, but to be honest you're not really going to care about that to much. let's say the Shinnok player does a safe string into Hell Sparks, after you block the second Spark you can unblock and then the third Spark will wiff, then run cancel into F2122 (this only works if you block the first Hell Spark).

If you just block the second Spark you can get a free trance, and for the third one you can do a ruin.

The shoulder charge is negative 15, and no matter what yo can get a B324.

Amulet Strike is negative 10, and can be punished by 21

Variation specials:

[Impasta]

Mimicry is negative 17, and it can be punished by B2 .Watch out for this move when it comes to punishing it, it's block stun is weird as hell!

[Bone Shaper]

Scepter Launch, mb or not, Is negative 29, it can be punished by F2122, but a max range it can only be punished by B2.

Dark Blast is negative 15, can be punished by B1 at close range.

Dark Beam is negative 24, and can be punished by F2122 at close range.

[Necromancer]

Summoned Fiend is negative 20, it can be punished from anywhere with ruin, and it can be punished up close with F2122.

And that's it for special moves folks.

Strings you can interrupt with the armor aura:

11(you can do F2122)2(you can do F2122)3

2(you can do F2122)2

F224

F2(you can F2122)2(you can F2122)4

2(you can F2122)1(you can F2122)3

[Bone shaper only]

F31D2U2

F3(you can F2122)1(you can F2122)D2(you can F2122)U2

F41D2U2

F4(you can F2122)1(you can F2122)D2(you can F2122)U2

F22

F2(you can F2122)2

Here's some tips about the matchup

watch out for the corner, try to stay more on the safe side, because if you start doing B324s and non-Mb ruin to bait the opponent Shinnok will be able to tackle out and take you away frome your aura. So I would say go with more F212 and D3, and only do B2s and B324 when you want to take a risk or if your opponent does not have anymore meter.

When you're zoning always be careful about Shinnoks teleport. One wrong move and Shinnok can take out that one hit of armor into a fast jab to start a combo.

I can't really think of any other tips at this moment, but I bet the rest of the Shinnok players/ Quans will put a bunch in the comments.

@STB Shujinkydink @Under_The_Mayo @Insuperable @PND_Ketchup

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Nice write up.

One thing I will say is that there's no need to complete the whole F3_F4,1,D2,U2 as you're already safe on the 3rd hit and it's very easy to hit confirm off of it.

Also I have to check up on my notes, but F2,2 and 3,1 has some whiffing issues against him.