What's new

Quan Chi Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
that whole skeleton he spawns in his attacks looks way to clean haha just feels unfitting,they should make it green or dirty/bloody a bit,cause right now it looks like a a fucking perfectly clean museum exibit lol.

Where tf is his trance special tho? that's like subzero with no iceball. am i the only one bothered by this?
though they never show everything in a trailer or even the full char breakdowns on kombat kasts,i feel like trnace might be gone.

Considering his pretty divers combo potential from the trailer,and seeing that bone prison move,i would assume they decided to remove trance,i mean imagine a full combo into trance ending,which based on how the move worked in the past would pretty much guarantee the bone prison into that portal skulls crazyness.Could be a bit much.

Just speculation,based on how he looks in the trailer,trance could still be there.

Where tf is his trance special tho? that's like subzero with no iceball. am i the only one bothered by this?
I hope it's still there but a shorter version of it. But he's also missing runes which was his entire gameplan on MK9. Meterburn Rune after blockstring which forced unblockable damage and using trance allowed wiffed regular runes for meter build

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I hope it's still there but a shorter version of it. But he's also missing runes which was his entire gameplan on MK9. Meterburn Rune after blockstring which forced unblockable damage and using trance allowed wiffed regular runes for meter build
He looked to be doing a charged rune during Khameleon's boomerang. No telling if it's an actual special or just a chargeable normal though.

He looked to be doing a charged rune during Khameleon's boomerang. No telling if it's an actual special or just a chargeable normal though.
I'll have to relook at it, it's possible I missed it, there was so much there. Looks like they made Quan have a large movelist and tons of specials with complex alterations to the specials with the purple circle dimension portal he calls behind him

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
900 hp pairing with Khameleon. HAS TO be compensated with huge damage out of those flashy combos

sidenote: I can't stand Derek. Dude, you have designed literally the worst single player experience in the history o fighting games. Take the L and stop laughing to us from the screen like an idiot.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Is khameleon on a timed cycle? She apparently has 1 universal move that makes you take half damage.
Yes, she is timed cycle but you can do some trick with R1 to speed up (?) her rotation - I didn't get it clearly.

And yes, she has this weirdo mirror/glass armor move that is universal to all stances

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I just saw some snippeds of the kombat kast through the instagram page. Is khameleon on a timed cycle? She apparently has 1 universal move that makes you take half damage.
Yeah, it's a timed cycle by default, but after each assist, you can hold your assist button to force a switch. The catch is that the order is randomized, so it can be Kitana-->Jade-->Kitana-->Mileena-->Jade. Not sure if I like that, at least from a competitive angle.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Quan Chi looks truly amazing gameplay wise, really come up with fresh ideas and seems top notch character

Khameleon looks awesome, but the cycle random stance is crazy , hehe , I think , if anyone will use her as main kameo, advice is to try to build some common combos that fit to any of the 3 stances that will be active at the moment , so a very hard and true challenge to fit her , but is possible

He seems to have excellent combo potential by himself which is amazing,on first impression sub zero kameo would fit good with him.Ice armor to further amplify zoning and ending combos with sub freez would gurantee the bone wall into portal.

the muti hitting string where he claps his hands if cancled into skull projectile could work with sektor up missle for combo continuation,smilair to how raidne,kitana,shang etc can use it and loop.

rifraf

Noob
Another shockingly good character. Quan Chi looks phenomenal in action. Damn, I sound like NRS' little bitchboy.

Anyway, I loved everything about Quan Chi and Khameleon.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
It looks like a totally new and unique character that they slapped a Quan Chi skin on. I guess if you fell in love with Quan from a previous title, you aren't going to be able to recreate that experience in MK1. It has me worried about what Ermac is going to look like. Maybe he will be able to shoot eye lasers and summon dinosaurs.

I just saw some snippeds of the kombat kast through the instagram page. Is khameleon on a timed cycle? She apparently has 1 universal move that makes you take half damage.
Yes, she is timed cycle but you can do some trick with R1 to speed up (?) her rotation - I didn't get it clearly.

And yes, she has this weirdo mirror/glass armor move that is universal to all stances
Yeah, it's a timed cycle by default, but after each assist, you can hold your assist button to force a switch. The catch is that the order is randomized, so it can be Kitana-->Jade-->Kitana-->Mileena-->Jade. Not sure if I like that, at least from a competitive angle.
Can't believe no one else is saying it even the condiment twins said it before Kombat Kast.
She's competitively trash if she stays random.
I went over the stream and they said it's completely random, no control.
It's normally on a cycle timer where she changes but there is no order of cycle no way to manipulate it or time it.
At the end of moves you can change it faster by pressing D+R1 but it stays absolutely random.
That's trash AF and after the honeymoon phase is over I believe my take will be confirmed.
If they could change it to at least have a set order to cycle I could get behind that. Say if it always switched Kitana, Jade then Mileena and back to Kitana, Jade, Mileena, then speeding up the var switch would be viable you just skip two after using the variation you need.
I'd like to use Jade Glaives because it looks like a mid version of Sareena boomerangs which would be strong but going from a Utility Kitana, close up Jade and juggle Mileena randomly with no control at all is idiotic in my opinion.

Just like making Kano a mid but still death on use, or Sonyas year long animation into a mid doesn't seem like they are putting thought into changes.
Hope I'm wrong and they do meaningful but not OP buffs to Sub, Scorp and Nitara and possibly Reptile.

I think the best change I heard on the patch notes quick section they had would be Kung Lao having his regular hat not be plus on block. I hope they actually only did that change to non charged hat and not on the charged version that was increasingly plus depending on how long you held it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I saw in the QA video that his air skull causes a ground bounce which is crazy. I have some theories about how this could be used with Motaro. Hopefully it bears fruit.

Plop

Noob
The bone cage is gonna be shit. I cant think of a single reason to burn a bar on it. Like, what do you get from it? I think they were too scared to put the trance in, so they gave him that instead. Kinda like what they did with Sub in 11 when they gave him that ice sphere instead of the clone. I am quite keen to explore it though and I hope I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.