What's new

Tech - Summoner Quan Chi (possible) OTG (Summoner)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Hey guys, I found what i believe to be is an OTG setup with Quan Chi. I looked in the threads in his forum and didn't see anyone else post this. If I by chance skipped over it if someone did post this, my apologies. In order for this to be done, his bat has to be summoned. It involves using the delayed b2 and the low bat, (dL2). The delayed b2 produces a HKD on hit. If you time the low bat just right, It will hit right after doing a delayed b2. The best way for me to describe the timing of the lowbat is to use it when you see quan chi hesitates his swing with the delayed b2 The low bat stands the opponent back up if blocked. So if your opponent doesn't block the low bat, it doesn't combo.

In this video, I have the AI on auto block. This means that after the computer gets hit by something, it will automatically block the next thing you do. Delayed b2 does 9% on hit. Low bat does 1.88% chip damage. I left the damage info on to reflect this, or you can go into his move set and check out the frame data for yourself. I didn't check to see if you can combo off the low bat if not blocked due to lack of time I had when I found this.

Delayed b2 is -1 on hit and low bat is +46 on block. So if this frame data is right, Quan Chi is +45 on this setup. So you can pretty much do whatever you want after the blocked low bat and they have to sit there and respect it or get blown up. I don't know how viable this is at the moment with the meta of the game right now, but I feel like this will be very useful when you have the opportunity to use it.

@STB Shujinkydink
@Under_The_Mayo
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@macro
@R.E.O.
@ Quan Chi players

Last edited:

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I believe this isnt really an OTG. its just the game mechanic that doesnt allow for overheads and lows to hit at the same time. Maybe im wrong though but i dont think so
I believe your right, I remember like week one I was getting the same thing to happen trying to make sky drop into low bat combo. Thank god for no injustice style otgs already

gibster13

A fan of fans
As much as it is a decent find. I would never advise doing a delayed b2, Instead go for something else, i don't see what this would lead to. Say if you were doing this at the end of a trance e.g.
B2 DB1ex B2 BF3 Load bat D3 B2(delay) Low bat
I don't see why you would use it instead of going in to the vortex or creating space to zone with
B2 DB1ex B2 BF3 Load bat D3 B2/B3
Or making space to zone e.g
B2 DB1ex B2 BF3 Load bat D2 Fire bat DB1F

Red-Specials and strings
Yellow-Everything about the bat
Green-Vortex

there is no use for delayed b2 its only +1 on block and as said above no 0 frame OH low in mkx like injustice : d3 low bat ,b2 or f21 low bat, b2 are already though to block. Jax's delayed b2 has different properties : lvl 1 normal combo starter lvl 2 charge: HKD lvl 3 charge pop up i don't know why quans ist similar.