What's new

Question - Quan Chi Quan Chi OverHead Issue

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I play warlock Quan Chi and sometimes when i input the b2 OH and try to cancel into ex rune the b2 will turn into the b2 hold move. This cause the b2 to come out slower which either causes the hard knockdown or more likely my opponent reacts and blocks it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or i'm just doing something odd. I think it has to do with how fast im inputting . . inputs.

u must have release check on its read the last input before the newer directions so : b2 db1b will be read as b2b2 or the b after the db1 cancels the ground burst and u get b2 ( Option select :/ )

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
u must have release check on its read the last input before the newer directions so : b2 db1b will be read as b2b2 or the b after the db1 cancels the ground burst and u get b2 ( Option select :/ )
I didnt quite understand that but i do know i have all those options off. Release check, input shortcuts, and sf style all off.

I didnt quite understand that but i do know i have all those options off. Release check, input shortcuts, and sf style all off.
There is something called "option select" in the game its a bug that causes every special to not come out when u directly input a directional afterwards once or twice ( forward back down up) The special will come out when the opponent didnt block and got hit but on block u wont get anything.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
It also tends to happen if you don't "tap" 2 and instead press it solid, like you would pretty much every other button. I've read somewhere here (Jokingly) that that move only exists to annoy us.

The way I work around it is to just make sure I confirm that I hit 2, then GTFOff of it. As for your control settings, I don't imagine that's the issue, since you'd have to be holding 2 to actually hold the move any longer. Just try and work on coming off of 2 quicker.

If it matters, I play with everything off except Input Shortcut.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Who still plays with release check on at this point of the game? Does it help any character at all?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
To clarify, I'm pressing 2 quickly but it's a matter of when I input the directions for rune. B2 works fine otherwise. Only when I try to do something after. And it's not everytime this happens. But I think I can control it with how a input rune