What's new

Tech - Quan Chi Quan Chi combos and tech

gibster13

A fan of fans
Man. This is a very sloppy combo thread. Why is the OP not listing them on the front page in notation?

Why are some of you just uploading videos but not listing the combo string?

Lol. I'm trying to learn Quan Chi as my second main but man, compared to Sonya Blade's combo thread, this one is a nightmare of navigation and finding what you want.

Tighten it up OP. Thank you.
I do notations and can't you tell in game what the move is ? Its only day 3 there isn't a rush is there ? I can tell you the inputs of the combos if it is important, just ask me :D Do you zone or rush down ?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This does feel like more of a general discussion than a combo thread. Lol

Skellington

Banned
I agree but the game hasn't been out that long. I am looking to incorporate runs into Warlock Quan. Any tips or suggestions?

Hi guys, im a brand new MK player, with X being my first in the installment. Im trying to pick up Quan but I'm having some difficulties.

1. Most annoying of all is doing B12 trance after they have juggled. Im mainly a Street fighter player so ive been using directional inputs (using stick) but keep dropping trance in this sequence. Anyone got tips on how to constantly perform it without failure? Do you input the motion super fast.. or? Reason to why im not using <- -> motions is because im having issues with precision using a stick.

2. I'm using warlock and I feel really weak on my wakeup. Does Quan Chi have a good reversal or escape move, especially in scenarios when the opponnent is jumping around you?

3. What do I do vs people that cant stop pressing buttons on THEIR wake-up? feel like I can never get a proper combo going

4. Should I zone or be offensive?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated!

gibster13

A fan of fans
Hi guys, im a brand new MK player, with X being my first in the installment. Im trying to pick up Quan but I'm having some difficulties.

1. Most annoying of all is doing B12 trance after they have juggled. Im mainly a Street fighter player so ive been using directional inputs (using stick) but keep dropping trance in this sequence. Anyone got tips on how to constantly perform it without failure? Do you input the motion super fast.. or? Reason to why im not using <- -> motions is because im having issues with precision using a stick.

2. I'm using warlock and I feel really weak on my wakeup. Does Quan Chi have a good reversal or escape move, especially in scenarios when the opponnent is jumping around you?

3. What do I do vs people that cant stop pressing buttons on THEIR wake-up? feel like I can never get a proper combo going

4. Should I zone or be offensive?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated!
Quan chi is an amazing zoner. I don't play warlock I play summoner because it has the best of both worlds. It's up to you play style to zone or pressure.

If people are pressing buttons just block or poke with d3. His d3 is +15 on hit so after u get a free b2 or b3( overhead or low).

With the b12 trance do b12 continuous trance. Don't stop in the input. Make sure release check is off aswell.

Learn what mixups your opponent has. Quan chi has NO good wake ups. You have to take it so If you have an idea of what they could do it helps. Sometimes a yolo EX teleport works

Any other question just ask. Hope it helps

I do notations and can't you tell in game what the move is ? Its only day 3 there isn't a rush is there ? I can tell you the inputs of the combos if it is important, just ask me :D Do you zone or rush down ?
It's not the fact that it's day 3 and there is no rush. Also, no, I can't tell what the move is because I never played Quan Chi. (And many others like me may show up wanting gather some knowledge)

The fact is, (and I say this respectfully and sincerely) it's sloppy in here. You even had @Ketchup pop up on the scene and bestow some of his knowledge onto you. (I wish Sonya Blade had a pro who mained her and would drop some jewels in our Sonya Combo thread - that be on the top of the list with their name as a credit) ok, I'm blabbering know.

But the point, that a pro showed up on your thread? That alone, should merit some kind of organization just off the respect.

Usually the combo threads in TYM always goes down like the following: (I highly suggest you take a look at the OP)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sonya-blade-combo-thread.50013/

And again, I want this to come through more than me complaining, I am being respectful and courteous not trying to diss you. We all have lives outside of this forum. That said, when you get some time. Look at the thread I linked you and get this shit in order because Quan Chi Warlock will be my second main :)

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
It's not the fact that it's day 3 and there is no rush. Also, no, I can't tell what the move is because I never played Quan Chi. (And many others like me may show up wanting gather some knowledge)

The fact is, (and I say this respectfully and sincerely) it's sloppy in here. You even had @Ketchup pop up on the scene and bestow some of his knowledge onto you. (I wish Sonya Blade had a pro who mained her and would drop some jewels in our Sonya Combo thread - that be on the top of the list with their name as a credit) ok, I'm blabbering know.

But the point, that a pro showed up on your thread? That alone, should merit some kind of organization just off the respect.

Usually the combo threads in TYM always goes down like the following: (I highly suggest you take a look at the OP)

And again, I want this to come through more than me complaining, I am being respectful and courteous not trying to diss you. We all have lives outside of this forum. That said, when you get some time. Look at the thread I linked you and get this shit in order because Quan Chi Warlock will be my second main :)
More input from ketchup would be nice to admit. I know nothing about warlock I have only used summoner. I made a new thread containing combos I use

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

We Quan players are a messy bunch. We care not for organization! Much like the character we play we leave information for only the loyalists, the true Quan children who line the nether realm walls. We are chaotic and do what we want, when we want. With no remorse for special forces scum trying to follow our trail! We are Quan! We are the woolay! And I...am the QUANFATHER!

When doing the d3 after trance for the reset, For overhead I've been doing the following in summoner:

b2 xx close rune, wait for the opponent to drop a bit, b + bat (uppercut bat), trance, j forward 1, b324, 2 xx bat summon

35% and you get bat again for no meter. If you want to spend bar, you can instead at the end do: 2 xx mid screen EX rune, far rune. This gives 40% for 1 bar. So with my other video I posted on the low for 40% no meter and overhead 40% 1 meter, looks like you can do some damage with quan in summoner.

Corner vortex after d3 reset:

b2 xx close rune, wait for the opponent to drop a bit, b + bat (uppercut bat), trance
b324, b324, b + bat (uppercut bat), trance.

If I get someone in the corner I just keep redo'ing this over and over.

Quan is tricky, yo.

Could you post it?
Here you go. Found out about it 2 hours ago. i was going through threads and noone seemed to really like his sorcerer variation but i was having a feeling this variation couldnt be COMPLETELY useless theres just no way . First video is me actually doing the trap the end. I set the a.i to reverse with sub zeros 8 frame slide. Notations are: dd2 (final hex spell), 1 4,close mb rune,1 4, close mb rune,1 4, close mb rune.

Second video is me checking the meter after youve completed the frame trap. After last rune trap first bar appears to be 75%-80% full. If you do a fourth close rune it jumps to 99%

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Here you go. Found out about it 2 hours ago. i was going through threads and noone seemed to really like his sorcerer variation but i was having a feeling this variation couldnt be COMPLETELY useless theres just no way . First video is me actually doing the trap the end. I set the a.i to reverse with sub zeros 8 frame slide. Notations are: dd2 (final hex spell), 1 4,close mb rune,1 4, close mb rune,1 4, close mb rune.

Second video is me checking the meter after youve completed the frame trap. After last rune trap first bar appears to be 75%-80% full. If you do a fourth close rune it jumps to 99%
Literally the second you mentioned it I went into training and checked myself, holy crap!

Mind if I go into training and get a video of this? Ill find a combo/setup for it and give you full credit.

Just this very moment i was also working to see if the size of the character effects the trap and indeed it does. the 1 in the 14 string is a high. on a character like sub that whiffs and you are able to get punished before the 4 comes out. now keep in mind this is the computer were talking so some things may be impossible for an actual person to do while the a.i makes it look so easy. Now characters like ferra/torr and kotal kahn cannot avoid that high 1 therefore the entire trap will hit them. even if they have a very fast normal. If the trap is timed correctly even small characters like sub will get hit the the 1. i will upload vid showing proof in a few minutes.

Literally the second you mentioned it I went into training and checked myself, holy crap!

Mind if I go into training and get a video of this? Ill find a combo/setup for it and give you full credit.
thanks and yes by all means go ahead! its for the entire community to learn from

also his calculations for chip damage. theres two strings to start the trap off with. 14, and f212. succesfully doing the rune trap using 14 comes to a whopping 47.25% chip damage! (mind you the final hex special increases chip damage which is why this is so ridiculous lol) using the f212 string to do the rune trap is even better because its 3 hits (f2=2.25%, 1=1.50%, and 2= 3.75%!!) this came to around a total of 51% chip damage. my numbers may be tad off so if someone could recalculate that'd be a huge help. again these numbers are not even possible without final hex activated. the best way i found to get hex acitvated would be after trance using his 21 string, of f4 cancel into hex

PND_Ketchup

also his calculations for chip damage. theres two strings to start the trap off with. 14, and f212. succesfully doing the rune trap using 14 comes to a whopping 47.25% chip damage! (mind you the final hex special increases chip damage which is why this is so ridiculous lol) using the f212 string to do the rune trap is even better because its 3 hits (f2=2.25%, 1=1.50%, and 2= 3.75%!!) this came to around a total of 51% chip damage. my numbers may be tad off so if someone could recalculate that'd be a huge help. again these numbers are not even possible without final hex activated. the best way i found to get hex acitvated would be after trance using his 21 string, of f4 cancel into hex
2,1,2 seems to be armourable for my testing, but 1,4 is guaranteed if timed right.

Im so excited for this one, i dunno why. feels so MK9! haha

PND_Ketchup

Also found that if during this sequence you get way with just one f2,1,2 into MB rune you'll build the 4th bar. So your meterless low starter into B1,2, trance, chip spell into standing 3, B2 MB rune will be a hit hit KO setup with 4 bars.

Setup was B3,2,4 NJP B1,2 Trance, Chip spell into Standing 3, B2 MB rune, 1,4, MB Rune, F2,1,2 MB Rune, 1,4 MB rune, 1,4, rune

This will take a full life bar.

Video here:

Last edited:

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Do you guys think that this is worth implementing into the other variations? Or do you feel that with Summoner for example, the
bat is a much better corner pressure tool for that variation?

PND_Ketchup

Do you guys think that this is worth implementing into the other variations? Or do you feel that with Summoner for example, the
I guess Sorceror vs Summoner is now guaranteed block damage for your bar vs potential corner damage for no bar? Personal preference will be a thing here methinks.

hm really good question. it seems like we all have a lot of work ahead of us. but now with this new found tech the and the fact that runes are in all three variations it just opens up an entire new realm of possiblities. though the others dont have the chip dmg spell i believe it can still be utilized somehow espcially with pressure coming from summoner.