What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi Buff

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
It's risky giving Quan a wakeup attack. I think it could very well be the price he pays for either vortexing you in one touch with summoner or killing you for blocking in sorceror.

Someones gotta represent the peaceful skeleton realm bruh

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It's risky giving Quan a wakeup attack. I think it could very well be the price he pays for either vortexing you in one touch with summoner or killing you for blocking in sorceror.

Someones gotta represent the peaceful skeleton realm bruh

summoner actually shouldn't have that insane vortex, and the skydrop really is too slow to be usefull.

PND_Ketchup

summoner actually shouldn't have that insane vortex, and the skydrop really is too slow to be usefull.
I don't mind that skydrop ain't that great. Extremely situational armour and can instant air slower projectiles like sub zero ice ball.

Quan very much needs no buffs. I'm happy with him being a glass cannon, if you want a reversal you can always play warlock. But even thyen, if it's a reversal you want, Quan aint the character for you!

Warlock is pretty good though ... Just no vortex ..

He isn't the only one with out wake ups though....... Blood God Kotal doesnt even have armor period

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I don't mind that skydrop ain't that great. Extremely situational armour and can instant air slower projectiles like sub zero ice ball.

Quan very much needs no buffs. I'm happy with him being a glass cannon, if you want a reversal you can always play warlock. But even thyen, if it's a reversal you want, Quan aint the character for you!
I never said that quan needs buffs, I just said that his skydrop can be of use only if they make it faster. right now the move is almost unusefull, and there's no point in having a move that has no use. (besides that subzero projectile thingy I didn't know about, at least)

also they can always remove the armor and just add damage to the ex one. I belive mk9's ex skydrop didn't have armor either, but I could be wrong. that way quan still doesn't get an armored wakeup and everyone's happy.

warlock's portal grab is actually the only really needed buff. I think I never used it ever, just saying.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

I never said that quan needs buffs, I just said that his skydrop can be of use only if they make it faster. right now the move is almost unusefull, and there's no point in having a move that has no use. (besides that subzero projectile thingy I didn't know about, at least)

also they can always remove the armor and just add damage to the ex one. I belive mk9's ex skydrop didn't have armor either, but I could be wrong. that way quan still doesn't get an armored wakeup and everyone's happy.

warlock's portal grab is actually the only really needed buff. I think I never used it ever, just saying.
That doesn't mean the move needs to be made better. He evidently has good enough tools that his entire moveset doesn't NEED to be good. Skydrop works in situational moments, which is enough compared to everything else the character can do.

That's the wonder of the variation system, you can choose the version of Quan that has the tools you want.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
That doesn't mean the move needs to be made better. He evidently has good enough tools that his entire moveset doesn't NEED to be good. Skydrop works in situational moments, which is enough compared to everything else the character can do.

That's the wonder of the variation system, you can choose the version of Quan that has the tools you want.
yes, you are right. perhaps this argument could get more interesting once they nerf summoner out.

too bad tho, always loved the skydrop.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I hate zoning characters in general but i watched raptor play quan chi, and really have to agree his skydrop needs to be vaguely useful, its already hella punishable on block and leads to fuck all on hit
Quan chi is only 25% zoner, 75% rush down fool

Wigy

There it is...
Quan chi is only 25% zoner, 75% rush down fool
If that was correct, All the more reason he should have a vaguely decent wakeup. You don't want to be in peoples faces the whole game if you die from frametraps and knockdowns.

However in this game, he is zoning. If he can, its good for him to keep any other character out. Thats where he is strongest, hes just got good 50/50s and combos like 4/5 of the cast, doesn't mean thats his designed playstyle. Depends on the matchup but he is considered the best zoning character in the game. With instant air skull balls, the hell bat and runes, how can he not be considered zoning. Fool.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I mean, big homie quan could use some help though, but let's talk about Lil homie ken-ken. Dudes blind. Dudes seriously needing some help. That last patch with those buffs though? I mean, it's a start, but I feel like, some people have command grabs, and like can freeze you. Why the fuq not ken-ken? And that dude takatoe or pokeda or what ever has like, string tied to his hands so he punches hella far. Why not ken-ken?

And how come big home quan gotta bat? What, ken-ken not gonna feed it or someshit? Why can't he have, like, a marmot or gerboa or something?

Y'all out there playing tier whore classes like princess KitKat, throwin' fans n shit, while cats like big homie quan , Lil ken-ken, ice cube, angry yellow dude that's kinda on fire('ey, I'm talking 'bout dudes outfit, nuthin racist) and cowboy-ninja are hurtin.

Shark Tank

If that was correct, All the more reason he should have a vaguely decent wakeup. You don't want to be in peoples faces the whole game if you die from frametraps and knockdowns.

However in this game, he is zoning. If he can, its good for him to keep any other character out. Thats where he is strongest, hes just got good 50/50s and combos like 4/5 of the cast, doesn't mean thats his designed playstyle. Depends on the matchup but he is considered the best zoning character in the game. With instant air skull balls, the hell bat and runes, how can he not be considered zoning. Fool.
He's the "strongest" zoner in mkx whereas thus far the majority of wins in tournaments I noticed is him relying on his oppressive offensive options against other oppressive offensive characters. He is the strongest zoner in MKX I agree, it's just nowhere near consistent enough to get him wins vs the top tiers. He needs to play their game, the rushdown fool game. And he can, very well too.

(I don't disagree with him getting a wakeup just so you know, but not while he can vortex)

EDIT: Also let me just say he's one of the best, Balanced Kenshi may or may nor be up there with him. Pyro Tanya as well.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
He's the "strongest" zoner in mkx whereas thus far the majority of wins in tournaments I noticed is him relying on his oppressive offensive options against other oppressive offensive characters. He is the strongest zoner in MKX I agree, it's just nowhere near consistent enough to get him wins vs the top tiers. He needs to play their game, the rushdown fool game. And he can, very well too.

(I don't disagree with him getting a wakeup just so you know, but not while he can vortex)

EDIT: Also let me just say he's one of the best, Balanced Kenshi may or may nor be up there with him. Pyro Tanya as well.
If you read my post on the first page i say he should loose something if he wants a good wakeup option.

I think you should judge a character dependent on his tools and how he would play in an ideal situation. Hes as much as a zoning character as this game allows for.

Shark Tank

If you read my post on the first page i say he should loose something if he wants a good wakeup option.

I think you should judge a character dependent on his tools and how he would play in an ideal situation. Hes as much as a zoning character as this game allows for.
I think he was intended to be a zoner, it just didn't work out in the meta like how the devs thought. I think being the best zoner in this game takes you only so far, but his offensive options are pretty much on par with the likes of raiden/error/sonya. Unless that gets proven to be a bill.