What's new

Quad Modded Stick Complete!

Hey all,

Just wanted to share some details on a quad mod for my fightstick that a buddy and I just finished up. I had planned on getting a custom case, however, I got very few responses from the companies that offer them (FoeHammer in particular). I decided that I would just use my Xbox One MadCatz TE2 stick as the case given it's already hinged, has good weight, and good space internally.

We then chose the PDP MKX Pad for Xbox One and the Hori Fight Commander 4 for PS4 as the PCB donors. These controllers are both common ground, and use a low and high voltage setting to gain functionality to previous generations. Being that these PCBs cover two consoles per, it made the most sense for a quad mod in my eyes.

To switch between the PCBs, we use a Dual Pole, Dual Throw (DPDT) switch, and for switching between generations (low voltage vs. high voltage) I used a Dual Pole, Single Throw (DPST) switch. This piece is very important as nearly everyone including myself and my friend thought a SPST switch would work for switching voltages. As it turns out, in my testing, you cannot have both switching signals on the same pole. I believe this is because the PS4 low voltage mode is actually high enough to trigger the high voltage mode on the Xbox One PCB. This results in the Xbox One PCB never being able to engage 360 mode.

With that, the rest is pretty standard. JLF, Sanwa 30mms, etc. Below are some pics!

Xbox One PCB soldered, tagged, and wires pre routed and spaced:

PS4 PCB soldered, tagged, and wires pre routed and spaced:

Inside the case, everything wired up:

Close up of switch install:

Huge thanks to @chemist4hire and Gummo on SRK tech for help with explanations and guidance on PCB selection! Also Gummo for his invaluable pinouts for every PCB in the world lol. Saved us a ton of time testing out every single signal. Also, my friend Andy for hanging in there and the long night to get this thing working lol :)

Last edited:

MK Slash

Useful Idiot look at the flick of the wrist
damn i need this for my te 2 i have two one for ps4 and one for xbone i didnt want to spend 200 on a mod so i bought a second stick i have to many sticks. i must learn how to do this shit myself but i don't know how to go about it i love the way hid the switch buttons too nice

Made a trip to Michael's to get art paper and hand cut the layout to make a new background. I have materials to make some more fancy artwork, but just a clean background works for now :) Here's a pic with the new background and all trim reinstalled: