What's new

QC non ex rune combos

Flagg

Noob
Sooner or later, people are going to start saying QC is a one trick pony, which I don't believe is true.

What kind of combos do you guys have that don't involve rune traps?

Here is my favourite mid screen one. It's meterless and does 43% damage:

jp, B21, dash, B21, dash, B11>>trance, jump back, then jump forward with punch, B11, midscreen rune. 43% ( I think, maybe 41..i know it's higher than 40 off the top of my head).

You can vary this by doing b33 instead of b11 for the last part of the combo.

Yes you forgo the chance to build meter by doing whiffed trances/runes while they are in trance state, but you then get the chance to take close to half their health for a non meter combo.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
forgive me for asking but i can't test this out right now.

Won't the b11 get blockd once you break trance with JIP?
Na, this is the same spot that most people stick a JIP/meterbuild 11, skydrop, it will hit no problem.

I like the idea of this thread..unfortunately I don't have much to contribute, seeing how I rarely use non-en. rune

I "do" like using far rune after a skull, on occasion. Its a lot like freddies Glove/hell claw frametrap, just not as good imo...correct me if im wrong, but this can be jumped out of, whereas Freddies cannot, hence why I say "far rune", because doing this other then full screen or close to it is asking to get jumped in on. It is nice to finish off a match this way, beware of rising sodium levels from your opponent.

I used to try to catch people for fun with runes after launches from 112 and B2, 1...but obviously you know there is better options available :D

Im like you, interested to see who chimes in with what here, thanks OP

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
Interesting... My max damage BnB always consisted of the same inputs except for a b3, 1+2 dash in uppercut at the end of the combo. I may have to incorporate this one into my game for the slight meter build from the rune.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I got a 43% dmg meterless combo for Quan. It goes like this: jp B21 trance jp B21 dash B21 dash F12 1+2. The timing to connect the 1+2 is kinda strict though. I also believe that this combo also can be done. jp B21 trance jp B21 B21 B11 far rune, but i havent tested it yet. Its good to know that Quan has 40% + dmg combos without the use of meter though. Makes him even more scarier.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
i see no point in doing combos without ex rune. ex rune adds a possible 45% on to like 3 different little combos. doesnt make sense not too.

Still fun for messin around tho :)