Did you already know about this?

• Yarp

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Narp

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
So, maybe everyone knows this and just isn't talking about it, and if so, please lemme know, but I've discovered QB actually blows up most mid - high projectiles (sub-zero iceball, kotal sword, etc), the exception being bullets and lows (haven't tried it against marksman bullets). Since most bullets or objects like them are highs, they can be ducked or backdashed. What that means? If you can start QB from full screen, you're pretty much safe; you can blow up pretty much any projectile that you can't duck, it works as an anti air, and you can run away from a teleport (and jump in for the punish if timed correctly). This seems pretty essential for Jacqui's full screen game play; I generally try to arm to at least level 1 and immediately QB; even if they're running forward, it's plus 2 on block and will knock them back to full screen on hit. If they try to low profile, just run cancel, read, respond. If you guys want a video, lemme know and I'll try to post one by tomorrow.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I don't know anything about Jacqui. What's QB? Is the her charge thingy?

It'd be nice if the Jacqui's weren't so quiet lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Wait so you're saying the gaunlet charge thing actually beats some projectiles? That's cool!
It's not the gauntlet charge, it's the gauntlet attack. It's pretty good as a way to get them to commit to something and then react with a run cancel. It will anti air pretty good if it's charged up as well. I just wish it had a bigger hitbox when you charge it up.

The downside is that it leaves you open to attacks, especially armor. Also, it will use up your stamina pretty fast if you try to run cancel it alot.

Scott The Scot

It's not the gauntlet charge, it's the gauntlet attack. It's pretty good as a way to get them to commit to something and then react with a run cancel. It will anti air pretty good if it's charged up as well. I just wish it had a bigger hitbox when you charge it up.

The downside is that it leaves you open to attacks, especially armor. Also, it will use up your stamina pretty fast if you try to run cancel it alot.
Screw it, I need a visual aid but I don't really play MKX anymore so trying to explain to me won't do anyone much good, haha.

Screw it, I need a visual aid but I don't really play MKX anymore so trying to explain to me won't do anyone much good, haha.
This technique is very much known. The quick burst option isn't used that much though. The move itself provides a lot of hidden benefits. If you don't delay the move and its blocked you can still follow up with 4, QB to add ridiculous pressure.

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
This technique is very much known. The quick burst option isn't used that much though. The move itself provides a lot of hidden benefits. If you don't delay the move and its blocked you can still follow up with 4, QB to add ridiculous pressure.
I figured it had to be, but I didn't see anyone discussing it or it's potential benefits. Which, thanks; I'll try that 4QB follow up.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Cool, good to know! Like I said, I really don't know anything about Jacqui but the dude made a thread and nobody replied so I figured I try and talk about her a little so he can explain his tech and I'd learn a little about Jacqui (at least until the real Jacqui's show up lol)

She a lot of frame traps, so many that its a matter of time before your opponent tries to meter burn out leaving you with an opportunity to punish. A few mind games I like to play. QB 4, QB 4,RC 4 or 4 QB, 4 delay QB to level 1 then input forward 1 or 2 or back 1 or 2. follow up with whatever you like.

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
Yea I knew. I don't like it I wish it would reflect then I would like it more. It's eh for now.
I was thinking something similar; it's only 1 frame better than tech shield, though being able to hold, charge, and cancel it opens up quite a few options that tech shield doesn't have.