What's new

PxP A F0xy Grampa Wins MKXL at Hypespotting V

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Did they fix the no meter building business after so many bombs? I know he can't use as many bombs in combo so that helps some what but against everyone else you build meter for the duration their entire combo and it's only fair to address the issue.

There wasn't an issue. The bombs were just doing so little damage at the end that they built almost no meter.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
Did they fix the no meter building business after so many bombs? I know he can't use as many bombs in combo so that helps some what but against everyone else you build meter for the duration their entire combo and it's only fair to address the issue.
I'm not positive how much it gained before, but if you watch that 4 bomb combo it looks like it completely stops at 4, even though the max is supposed to be 3 after the patch. It did look like the first two gained a little more than the third one.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
thanks for the fucking SPOIL on the tittle.
The title is the same format as literally every other results thread title, this shouldn't be a surprise.
Does anyone know how Mustard is hitting 4 hover bomb combos when the patch notes literally say the max is 3? Also, with the new timing, we don't have time to hit them into a bomb after a net, how is he doing this? Am I the only Cyrax player that saw this?!?! Or did they not have the new patch for Hypespotting. Then again Mustard tweeted out "top 8 with a nerfed Cyrax" I'm so confused... Here is a link to the 4 bomb combo. Here is a link to the patch notes. Someone please help lol.
The patch made it so you can't do more than both 3 air bombs and 3 grounded bombs in the same combo, not 3 bombs between air and grounded iirc.
When Ketchup was commentating he mentioned Cyrax being nerfed days before Hypespotting so it had to have been the current patch. I never mained or fought a Cyrax at Mustard's level obviously but maybe it's some tech to come out in a video later or something. But I'm 99% sure he played in the current patch which is still impressive to make top 8 with a almost brand new character considering how hard that patch hit the borgs.
Yes Hypespotting was run on the latest patch, not pre-patch.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
The patch made it so you can't do more than both 3 air bombs and 3 grounded bombs in the same combo, not 3 bombs between air and grounded iirc.
Yep, you're right. However if you watch the combo I have linked, it's 4 air bombs in one combo.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Thanks for the info! I was curious about the possibility of Foxy choosing which one he uses as a qualifier (meaning he could represent UK instead of Austria) but I guess that would mean letting him pick the other player and could be unfair for HoneyBee.
I'd much rather be the UK rep than the Austria rep.
Considering I wear the UK flag internationally lol

E

Eldriken

As was already mentioned by Youphemism, this is the standard format for tournament results.

It seems like you're new here and didn't know this, but that's the case on this site.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The title is the same format as literally every other results thread title, this shouldn't be a surprise.
The habit of TYM of posting the winners names in the thread titles is so stupid it boggles the mind as to why they do it. I mean it is seriously the most ridiculous thing to do it.. but they all do it.

The only option is to completely avoid TYM after a event, you can not even come to the site, until after you watch the event. That is the only way.

Why in gods name they just put a results thread WITHOUT the winner in the title is beyond me.

E

Eldriken

The habit of TYM of posting the winners names in the thread titles is so stupid it boggles the mind as to why they do it. I mean it is seriously the most ridiculous thing to do it.. but they all do it.

The only option is to completely avoid TYM after a event, you can not even come to the site, until after you watch the event. That is the only way.

Why in gods name they just put a results thread WITHOUT the winner in the title is beyond me.
Why it bothers you this much is beyond me. It's not like it's a movie getting spoiled or anything along those lines.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why it bothers you this much is beyond me. It's not like it's a movie getting spoiled or anything along those lines.
Uh its exactly like that lol. People watch the tournaments for entertainment and to see who wins, so spoiling the winner is just like spoiling the plot.

And its not like not putting the winner in the title is a revolutionary idea. Almost every other FG site doesn't spoil the winner in the title. It just makes more sense because those who want to know the results can click on the thread, and those that dont can just keep scrolling.

Not that it will change or anything because the TYM staff is so set on the idea, but its always been a really silly concept.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what are you talking about.. that is exactly what it is like.

I agree, the habit of spoiling the winner really makes me kind of half assed in watching them and just skips most of them because i already know the results, this is not good for the competitor's exposure

on a side note: did they give tekkenmaster the correct flag?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Amazing tournament and once again it was fantastic to see so many international players.

Honeybee and Bio were once again some of the coolest guys we;ve met in the FGC, huge shoutouts to them for making the journey all the way to our side of the pond.

I'll be honest, I think I'll always be salty about losing my winners top 8 spot. I was worried that my Sektor wasn't ready for a major, but it is what it is. Lots to learn about matchups etc.

Well played to all and thanks for such an incredible top 8!

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
I agree, the habit of spoiling the winner really makes me kind of half assed in watching them and just skips most of them because i already know the results, this is not good for the competitor's exposure

on a side note: did they give tekkenmaster the correct flag?
yes they gave him the righr flag, also he is from Bahrain. not Saudi Arabia.

Semensatch

DevilApes
In my opinion tekken master has to learn some other characters than kotal to do some counterpick :DOGE (tekken master is insane).
Btw congratulations to all especially Nivek....the only Thunder God!

Tweedy

Noob
Foxy's Mileena is incredible. The inevitable offline showdown with Sonic and Scar needs to happen soon.

I lost to his Mileena, like 40-9 or something, a few weeks back. At first, I thought I was just horrible. Then, day after day, i'd hear about how he beat X player 33-3, or 40-0, or whatever ridiculous score.

Two great events and Foxy blew right through them(outside of a dope set in the round robin pool from Crathen!).

Send this man to Combo Breaker, PXP.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Foxy's Mileena is incredible. The inevitable offline showdown with Sonic and Scar needs to happen soon.

I lost to his Mileena, like 40-9 or something, a few weeks back. At first, I thought I was just horrible. Then, day after day, i'd hear about how he beat X player 33-3, or 40-0, or whatever ridiculous score.

Two great events and Foxy blew right through them(outside of a dope set in the round robin pool from Crathen!).

Send this man to Combo Breaker, PXP.
She's still a work in progress, I've been really strong in long sets with her, just gotta be able to apply that to 3/5 better I think, but that's mostly on me rather than her.

But improvement will come.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
She's still a work in progress, I've been really strong in long sets with her, just gotta be able to apply that to 3/5 better I think, but that's mostly on me rather than her.

But improvement will come.
your level of hit confirming b12 is what impresses me most about your mileena. like the ai on very hard haha

can i ask why you choose to not do the double roll enders in corner? ya just think b12 1+3 restand stronger? i really like them cause your getting extra meter build and a strong wakeup crush/oki situation.