What's new

Purpose of Double/Triple Dashing?

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Ok so I have been maining Reptile for a while now and I have seen in some videos where tournament players will dash multiple times around the opponent after they are knocked on the ground. Now, as visually impressive and fun to do it is, what is the practical purpose of it in a match? I can pull it off a lot in a match and it's fun to move around the screen that quickly, but I want to know why it gives me an advantage or whatnot. I have heard people call it a mixup, but I'm not sure if it was applied correctly. Thanks.

redeyes

Button Masher
Ok so I have been maining Reptile for a while now and I have seen in some videos where tournament players will dash multiple times around the opponent after they are knocked on the ground. Now, as visually impressive and fun to do it is, what is the practical purpose of it in a match? I can pull it off a lot in a match and it's fun to move around the screen that quickly, but I want to know why it gives me an advantage or whatnot. I have heard people call it a mixup, but I'm not sure if it was applied correctly. Thanks.
builds meter i believe and it can make doing a wake up attack harder since you're running around on both sides.

Well, for one if you keep switching the sides of the opponent youre on, it will keep changing the correct input for a wakeup attack, so the wrong button output may come out from them which can leave them vulnerable

This is my opinion, Never triple dash. I barely pull out a double dash, unless its like They jump, then I can dash twice because ill get them no matter what when they come down. If you got a playeer mid screen, throw slow ball, dash, jump and try to hit the NJP combo, it works wonders for me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's for meter building, escaping corners, setting up wakeup pressure, etc.