What's new

Strategy punishing d1's with batgirl, plus more essentials

TheRFG

Noob
I'm just going to post a few things that I have come to love about her. I don't want to post a huge lengthy combo thread, as there is already one. It's huge to read through, and I wanted a spot to go to for some goodies. Feel free to add any essentials that I missed, or cool tricks you feel need to be noted.

Punishing d1's-
Batgirl is great at countering the d1. I'm not sure how much others utilize this, but immediately after an opponents uses d1 (assuming it's not confirmed into a special), use d1, bf3 mb. Everyone knows the poke and footsie game, but hers is great, and everyone trades d1's from time to time. This works great after dashing into an opponent after a knockdown, many like to poke or wakeup, and this will rape if you are just waiting for it. Obviously there is a better combo for punishing a blocked wakeup with you standing next to them waiting. This works great against aquaman, and if you decide not to MB the bf3 you may be able to bait a trait burn.

Practice and master D2 into bola- This is probably her strongest tool for frustrating your enemy. This is utilized in many instances. Here are a few instances to use it after.
*b12, b2u3
*b12
*b2u3
*d1, bf3 mb

These are a few, and it can be added at the end of a quite a few combos. My favorite is punishing an opponents d1 with - d1, bf3 MB, b3, ji 2, d2 bola. it leads right into vortex ji2, 111, etc.

Utilizing the bola at full screen- not many use the bola cancel and charging it, but it's great at making your opponent stop and think about jumping or dashing in after a knockdown or after her unMB tele, even a knockdown from an opponent that puts you mid or full-screen. Instead of immediately releasing the bola try canceling. While adding this element they really don't know what to think, and allows you to cancel and dash in to gain ground. Remember it also hits mid, so it's a good tool to chip out the opponent at full screen when needed. Her baterang I believe hits high, and floats over ducking opponents.

You can also bait the opponent into thinking you want to have a zoning game, and they start sending projectiles allowing you to bait and tele punish.

Bat-Evade dive kick great wakeup- I know this isn't flawless at defending a rushing opponent, but it has some armor, and can turn you from being rushed into the one doing the rushing.

B2d3 (into bf3 mb) - great starter, I'll just leave it at that. I think I use this twice as much as b12 for a starter
Incorporate these fun toys, and you will see the light. Again, I know this isn't a foolproof guide, but these need should be known.

Best-

Narra

I'm just going to post a few things that I have come to love about her. I don't want to post a huge lengthy combo thread, as there is already one. It's huge to read through, and I wanted a spot to go to for some goodies. Feel free to add any essentials that I missed, or cool tricks you feel need to be noted.

Punishing d1's-
Batgirl is great at countering the d1. I'm not sure how much others utilize this, but immediately after an opponents uses d1 (assuming it's not confirmed into a special), use d1, bf3 mb. Everyone knows the poke and footsie game, but hers is great, and everyone trades d1's from time to time. This works great after dashing into an opponent after a knockdown, many like to poke or wakeup, and this will rape if you are just waiting for it. Obviously there is a better combo for punishing a blocked wakeup with you standing next to them waiting. This works great against aquaman, and if you decide not to MB the bf3 you may be able to bait a trait burn.

Practice and master D2 into bola- This is probably her strongest tool for frustrating your enemy. This is utilized in many instances. Here are a few instances to use it after.
*b12, b2u3
*b12
*b2u3
*d1, bf3 mb

These are a few, and it can be added at the end of a quite a few combos. My favorite is punishing an opponents d1 with - d1, bf3 MB, b3, ji 2, d2 bola. it leads right into vortex ji2, 111, etc.

Utilizing the bola at full screen- not many use the bola cancel and charging it, but it's great at making your opponent stop and think about jumping or dashing in after a knockdown or after her unMB tele, even a knockdown from an opponent that puts you mid or full-screen. Instead of immediately releasing the bola try canceling. While adding this element they really don't know what to think, and allows you to cancel and dash in to gain ground. Remember it also hits mid, so it's a good tool to chip out the opponent at full screen when needed. Her baterang I believe hits high, and floats over ducking opponents.

You can also bait the opponent into thinking you want to have a zoning game, and they start sending projectiles allowing you to bait and tele punish.

Bat-Evade dive kick great wakeup- I know this isn't flawless at defending a rushing opponent, but it has some armor, and can turn you from being rushed into the one doing the rushing.

B2d3 (into bf3 mb) - great starter, I'll just leave it at that. I think I use this twice as much as b12 for a starter
Incorporate these fun toys, and you will see the light. Again, I know this isn't a foolproof guide, but these need should be known.

Best-

Thanks for the tip works pretty well on people just mashing D1

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Punishing d1's-
Your d1 "countering" is going to fail against anyone with plus frames on their block advantage or if they're neutral like most of them and they have more range than you. Careful.

TheRFG

Noob
Your d1 "countering" is going to fail against anyone with plus frames on their block advantage or if they're neutral like most of them and they have more range than you. Careful.

True. But it still works quite often, and I play mostly online against the many who don't even understand they have advantage half the time. Pro's and other tournament players this probably isn't the best strategy, but for everyday use it can be quite practical. I should put a warning label on it :)

AYSAMO

Noob
This isn't a bad strategy, but it will get you blown up if you're trying to use her d1 as a poke without setting it up.

A much more viable counterpoke strategy is b1, bf3. This is non-interruptable, and leaves you + on block. So after a blocked b1, bf3 you can follow up immediately with a mixup, or do d1, bf3. This will keep your pressure up, and if they start trying to backdash out of it you can read it and b1 will catch their dash almost every time.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
This isn't a bad strategy, but it will get you blown up if you're trying to use her d1 as a poke without setting it up.

A much more viable counterpoke strategy is b1, bf3. This is non-interruptable, and leaves you + on block. So after a blocked b1, bf3 you can follow up immediately with a mixup, or do d1, bf3. This will keep your pressure up, and if they start trying to backdash out of it you can read it and b1 will catch their dash almost every time.
Lol AYSAMO salty about the tourney loss. You should be at casuals bro.

AYSAMO

Noob
Lol AYSAMO salty about the tourney loss. You should be at casuals bro.
Bro I'm too hollywood for casuals, I went home to eat and didn't feel like driving another 20 miles afterwards. Have casuals again tmrw and Ill take your shoes. #GetGoodGeek

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Bro I'm too hollywood for casuals, I went home to eat and didn't feel like driving another 20 miles afterwards. Have casuals again tmrw and Ill take your shoes. #GetGoodGeek
Lol I'll pull out Deathstroke and #nosc0peyoukid.