What's new

Tech Punishing Batman's B23 on Whiff (59% combo)

GGA Max

Just thought I'd liven up the character forum, and so new and old banes can see.

Was messing around with this string, for the longest time I thought it was 100% free to spam for Batman, noooooope!

Sorry for the audio/video quality. Batman is set to block low here immediately after the b23.

Tip for trying to do this... let the string whiff pretty much in front of you (doesn't have to be perfect)... input the forward dash a bit after you hear the sound of the b2.

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
Awesome, going to implement this, thanks! And I agree, this board could definitely use some livening.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Nice stuff. Thing is what are the ranges of this working and failing? Like how far before I eat batarang? Batman was whiffing at a pretty fat distance on some of those but if he just barely misses and I dash into him does his body hold me too close to the bats to avoid it?

GGA Max

Nice stuff. Thing is what are the ranges of this working and failing? Like how far before I eat batarang? Batman was whiffing at a pretty fat distance on some of those but if he just barely misses and I dash into him does his body hold me too close to the bats to avoid it?
Thanks. If I'm understanding this question correctly, you want to know the initial minimum and maximum spacing between the characters where this works.

I believe the shortest horizontal distance where this works is .. have the characters touching and do a backdash with Batman. Essentially right outside where the second hit of the string whiffs.

And then the longest horizontal distance.. have the characters touching then do a backdash with Bane.

His body will sometimes be in the way. As in you dash, but his body is blocking your... forward progress, this is because you are inputting the dash a little too early.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You should also be able to punish it on block by doing a MB b.3 and dash canceling it between the 2nd and 3rd hit (we are able to do other armored specials)

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
You should also be able to punish it on block by doing a MB b.3 and dash canceling it between the 2nd and 3rd hit (we are able to do other armored specials)
What about just a dash after b23 on block? Superman can do it so it makes me wonder if Bane can too.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
And this is the very reason that I don't just randomly whiff the string unless I do it at a part of the screen where I won't be punished, and that's only against certain characters.

Even if they block B2 3, they'll be able to jump before the explosion part of the string goes off.