What's new

Match-up Discussion Punishing Baraka's Blade Charge

Theme

Noob
Can you even punish it with anything Kitana has, thats assuming you blocked it? Like I know with Ermac you can lift or push, and Johnny Cage you can shadow kick, Reptile with dash, etc. Those are moves that carry you, but Kitana lacks all of that. I dont think d1 into cutter even works. Have yet to test it consistantly, but so far, my d1 dont even reach due to pushback.....

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Up close she can full combo punish with 21, but from a distance she can't. It's not that big a deal for her though since you pretty much want to keep as much distance from Baraka as possible.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm pretty sure you can always 21 unless he is at max range, but even then he has to respect the f21 coming at him or armor through it.

Too bad Quan Chi's Trance is so unsafe... even max distance on block she can EX Fan punish it all day and closer she can f21 every time lol

Theme

Noob
I'm pretty sure you can always 21 unless he is at max range, but even then he has to respect the f21 coming at him or armor through it.
Really? My friend recently tried out Baraka and liked him. So I was playing and he would blade charge, and when I went for something like 21 (not very consistent, Ill have to keep testing it) he would have enough recovery for another blade charge.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*

Too bad Quan Chi's Trance is so unsafe... even max distance on block she can EX Fan punish it all day and closer she can f21 every time lol
Yeah 21 has really good range as a punisher. You can f21 and check Baraka as well, but it can be risky since he can whiff punish f21 hard with b31. F21 whiffs completely if the Blade Charge is done at max range and Baraka back dashes immediately after.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2