What's new

Strategy Punish blocked D1s with F4

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its possible.
If Skarlet just frame a F4 at the exact breakout frame she can punish any D1 in the game with F4.
best setup is a blocked slide or blocked iadd.

Since its actually pretty hard to land it, F4 will keep players in check after they use D1 to interrupt pressure or to prevent escapes and similar stuff. This will give one more option.

To grab any character after blocking a D1

AssassiN

Noob
In Skarlet's case it's like finding a goddamn 4-leaf clover if you can actually punish it.
I go for D3 because atleast you get an extra 2%, lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In Skarlet's case it's like finding a goddamn 4-leaf clover if you can actually punish it.
I go for D3 because atleast you get an extra 2%, lol.
Most of players use D1 between pressure of empty Dashes or blocked slides to interrupt Skarlet continuities.
Its just a matter of give them a fish, once they bait it, you punish.

Down daggers as well, on cases you avoid a poke with a iadd, they block and try to approach fast for a D1.

Grab is also a good choice

AssassiN

Noob
Oh, you cannot punish Liu Kang's D1 btw. His is -9 on block, LK players never use his D1 to get out of pressure anyways so it doesn't matter.

Most of players use D1 between pressure of empty Dashes or blocked slides to interrupt Skarlet continuities.
Its just a matter of give them a fish, once they bait it, you punish.

Down daggers as well, on cases you avoid a poke with a iadd, they block and try to approach fast for a D1.

Grab is also a good choice
People who D1 after a blocked slide don't know the MU, pretty much offering Skarlet an opportunity to start her pressure again.
If they start poking between empty dashes you might as well cancel into upslash.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oh, you cannot punish Liu Kang's D1 btw. His is -9 on block, LK players never use his D1 to get out of pressure anyways so it doesn't matter.

People who D1 after a blocked slide don't know the MU, pretty much offering Skarlet an opportunity to start her pressure again.
If they start poking between empty dashes you might as well cancel into upslash.
risky but its true.
String isin't also a good option specially if they don't have a fast mid hitting string. her D3 goes under anything high, without counting that she has armor to stop strings

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I can see D1 being used after blocked down dagger cuz some players might try to AA her but if mistimed, the d1 will get blocked.
or in cases to prevent Skarlet to escape

Smith still uses Jax's d1 to prevent me to jump out of his pressure, since is the fastest and also he avoids using 12 string because i can F4 punish on reads